hydro-turn on Denali 72" snowplow
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

This is a discussion on hydro-turn on Denali 72" snowplow within the Wolverine X2/X4 General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine X2 & X4 847cc SxS category; Hi guys, I have a new Denali 72" Country snow plow with hydro-turn on my 2019 X2 R-Spec. Just went through a large snowstorm here ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Stroodle

Thread: hydro-turn on Denali 72" snowplow

Pavement Princess
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times

Hi guys,

I have a new Denali 72" Country snow plow with hydro-turn on my 2019 X2 R-Spec. Just went through a large snowstorm here on the Olympic Peninsula (28 inches!!) and used the plow for the first time. The one thing that stood out to me is that the hydro-turn angled the blade several degrees farther to the left than to the right. This weird because the whole idea of the country style plow blade (taller on the right side than the left) is to throw the snow higher off the right side to get it over the built up berms. If not angled far enough to the right side, the snow does not curl off the blade as intended -but simply pushes it straight ahead. Interestingly, when I carefully checked it appeared that the blade was pushed to the 'stop limit' on whichever side it was angled to. MotoAlliance said that if I sent them photos they might figure it out.... according to them the blade should angle equally to both sides. Any of you folks have any ideas or similar experiences on your rigs? All suggestions will be appreciated!
    2019 X2 R-Spec SE - Black; Warn 3500 winch, OEM plastic full windshield, wind deflector (for spring/summer), Assault rear view mirror, OEM soft rear window.
    72" Denali hydro-turn snow plow

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    Have not seen one myself but just looking at the website and through my own plow experience, there are a lot of bolts in the push frame of these plows, if any of them are loose or where tightened down when not straight to begin with (slightly sloppy holes) you can easily get a plow that angles one way more than the other. I would double check all the bolts and mounting points on your SxS. Perhaps you have already done this but thought I would throw it out there! Good luck, looks like a great blade!
    blast likes this.
    2019 Wolverine X2 SE
    Yamaha Warn 3500 Provantage w/synthetic
    rope and wireless remote
    22" curved LED bar
    Stroodle Aluminum box rails
    Kolpin Stronghold rifle and chainsaw boot
    26" Maxxis BigHorn 3.0
    Hunterworks Sheave/weights
    Weller Racing flash
    On my second roof - don't ask!
    More to come...

Pavement Princess
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    I will double check them.... I'm beginning to think it is an illusion because the Country plow is taller on the right side than the left. I took photos from in front of the rig and the angle appears to be equal or very close to it. Perhaps the snow was not peeling off correctly because it was 2 feet of powder. It seems to peel off fine in the wetter stuff.....
    Thanks for the response.
    2019 X2 R-Spec SE - Black; Warn 3500 winch, OEM plastic full windshield, wind deflector (for spring/summer), Assault rear view mirror, OEM soft rear window.
    72" Denali hydro-turn snow plow

Sponsored Links