2019 X2 SE review
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

2019 X2 SE review

This is a discussion on 2019 X2 SE review within the Wolverine X2/X4 General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine X2 & X4 847cc SxS category; So I finally got a little seat time and I'm in the process of installing a winch. As far as seat time is concerned I ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 2019 X2 SE review

  1. #1
    Paper Boy
    Member #
    16566
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    14
    Member #
    16566
    Liked
    17 times

    2019 X2 SE review

    So I finally got a little seat time and I'm in the process of installing a winch. As far as seat time is concerned I don't think I could be happier! I still am amazed at how quiet this thing is... I mean wow!. I'll have to do some adjusting to the shocks as its a little stiff. Impressed with overall power... I would put it on par with my T2 but nowhere close to my Mav trail 1000, But, I'm content as its used for hunting and property maintenance at my land with some trail riding. Buttery smooth clutch and trans. Easy in and out of 4 wheel drive. Nice dash lay out (although i prefer the mav trails right in front of you) I like the temp gauge. Like the built in backup lights. Overall a good unit.... BUT

    Here's where things are kinda taken a turn for the for me... Quality control sucks! 90% of the plastics have flash or burrs on the them. As i was getting in the machine to see where i going to mount the solenoid I notice all the zip ties still have the tails. The roof bows in the center so water will puddle and pour down the center counsel instead of following the gutters out.

    I don't like the front bumper being mounted to headlight buckets... one good hit and you're replacing plastic and a headlight.. That seems like a disaster waiting to happen!

    Its great they put precut spots for switches but for the love of god why are they sideways?

    No drain holes but rather same plugs used on dash

    The inside front fenderwells underlap instead of overlap...seems like that will trap water/mud

    Front plastics IMO blocks half the headlight.

    This however is what bother me the most.. The shock towers seem kind of tinny... like REAL tinny! super thin front and back and there are other spots that seem real cheap and thin IDK maybe its my imagination but my T2 is built like a fargin tank. like throw it off a cliff and get back in and start riding. This thing seems kinda brittle and seems like it will break easy... Although i seen fishers ATV beat the brakes off one... so IDK.

    Anyways... this is my review like it or hate it just wanted to share my thoughts
    MORSNO, monksblood and atkbike like this.

  2. #2
    Paper Boy Paul65's Avatar
    Member #
    16174
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    17
    Member #
    16174
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Supertramp View Post
    Its great they put precut spots for switches but for the love of god why are they sideways?
    Well that was my favorite so that's the one I'm quoting! I can add that if you have anything in the cupholder like your phone or gosh - maybe a cold beverage, makes getting to the sideways switches even harder. A great spot for the switches would be where the warning sign is on the center of the dash. Well, mine's gone now.
    2019 Wolverine X2 R-Spec bought new 8/9/2019
    Yamaha windshield & full soft cab, rock sliders, rear fender flares, rear bumper
    Yamaha Warn Winch on EMP front bumper (looks great - not made for winching!)
    Richochet A-Arm guards
    Front & Rear LED pod lights
    Backup Camera
    Seizmik Windshield Vents
    Seizmik mirrors
    Removed all the warning stickers & badges
    Signs from doityourselflettering.com

  3. #3
    Paper Boy
    Member #
    16566
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    14
    Member #
    16566
    Liked
    17 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul65 View Post
    Well that was my favorite so that's the one I'm quoting! I can add that if you have anything in the cupholder like your phone or gosh - maybe a cold beverage, makes getting to the sideways switches even harder. A great spot for the switches would be where the warning sign is on the center of the dash. Well, mine's gone now.
    RIGHT? Why would you leave that HUGE area just for a warning label? That in itself looks stupid. I also don't like the riveted warning labels on the bars... top layer is already peeling with only 20 miles. I guess I'm just a little disappointed as I've had around 7 grizzlies and all seemed stout and good quality... this just seems kinda....cheap

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Puddle Jumper InfidelMT's Avatar
    Member #
    15592
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Big Sky Country
    Posts
    181
    Member #
    15592
    Liked
    172 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Supertramp View Post
    RIGHT? Why would you leave that HUGE area just for a warning label? That in itself looks stupid. I also don't like the riveted warning labels on the bars... top layer is already peeling with only 20 miles. I guess I'm just a little disappointed as I've had around 7 grizzlies and all seemed stout and good quality... this just seems kinda....cheap
    They are keeping you extra safe. lol. Has to do with Yamaha's past lawsuits in the Rhino days. Why do you think they have shoulder bolsters now, helmet light, slow speed if your seat belt not fastened? It's the first mod I did was it was debadged. Within the last few weeks I've deleted the shoulder bolsters as well. Absolutely love sitting in it now. Also gave my seat a 1" lift. If people want to be idiots and roll over there X2/X4's its on them. Yamaha isn't going to dictate to me how safe they feel I need to be.

    Drilled out the riveted warnings on the roll bars everywhere. The large warning label in center console are is where my heat vents are. Just above that is a prime location for marine rocker switches as well.

    https://www.wolverineforums.com/foru...badging-4.html
    2019 Wolverine X2 Camo R-Spec
    1st Wolverine X2 ECU Tuned by Dynojet with Power Vision
    JBS & Hunterworks sheave testing inprogress
    MSA M25 Wheels with EFX 8ply 27x10x14 Motoclaw
    SuperATV 1.5" Rear Wheel Spacer
    Pro Vantage 3500 Warn Winch
    Super ATV 72" Plow
    Rear Cargo Box
    Adventure Pro Magellan
    Super ATV Flip Windshield & Half Windshield
    Shoulder bolster deleted
    Jegs 28K BTU in Cab Heater
    Side by Side Enclosures full Cab
    Amsoil Synthetics Throughout

  6. #5
    Paper Boy
    Member #
    16566
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    14
    Member #
    16566
    Liked
    17 times
    Quote Originally Posted by InfidelMT View Post
    They are keeping you extra safe. lol. Has to do with Yamaha's past lawsuits in the Rhino days. Why do you think they have shoulder bolsters now, helmet light, slow speed if your seat belt not fastened? It's the first mod I did was it was debadged. Within the last few weeks I've deleted the shoulder bolsters as well. Absolutely love sitting in it now. Also gave my seat a 1" lift. If people want to be idiots and roll over there X2/X4's its on them. Yamaha isn't going to dictate to me how safe they feel I need to be.

    Drilled out the riveted warnings on the roll bars everywhere. The large warning label in center console are is where my heat vents are. Just above that is a prime location for marine rocker switches as well.

    https://www.wolverineforums.com/foru...badging-4.html


    I'm planning to debadge just need to pick up some wd40. My T2 and Mav trail both have limiters as well for the seat belt thing. I'm pretty sure that is now the norm. It really does blow my mind that they put precut toggles switches sideways and right behind your cup holder.

  7. #6
    Puddle Jumper InfidelMT's Avatar
    Member #
    15592
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Big Sky Country
    Posts
    181
    Member #
    15592
    Liked
    172 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Supertramp View Post
    I'm planning to debadge just need to pick up some wd40. My T2 and Mav trail both have limiters as well for the seat belt thing. I'm pretty sure that is now the norm. It really does blow my mind that they put precut toggles switches sideways and right behind your cup holder.
    No you don't need WD40. Just a heat gun and they come off very easily. Yes I agree that is the worst location for factory rocker switches. The more I work on my X2 I noticed the fit and finish wasn't half that of my Commander 1000. Then drill out the rivets. Easy peasy. I can't get over now how comfortable it is with the shoulder bolsters gone now.
    2019 Wolverine X2 Camo R-Spec
    1st Wolverine X2 ECU Tuned by Dynojet with Power Vision
    JBS & Hunterworks sheave testing inprogress
    MSA M25 Wheels with EFX 8ply 27x10x14 Motoclaw
    SuperATV 1.5" Rear Wheel Spacer
    Pro Vantage 3500 Warn Winch
    Super ATV 72" Plow
    Rear Cargo Box
    Adventure Pro Magellan
    Super ATV Flip Windshield & Half Windshield
    Shoulder bolster deleted
    Jegs 28K BTU in Cab Heater
    Side by Side Enclosures full Cab
    Amsoil Synthetics Throughout

  8. #7
    Puddle Jumper InfidelMT's Avatar
    Member #
    15592
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Big Sky Country
    Posts
    181
    Member #
    15592
    Liked
    172 times
    Variable heat worked perfect. I didn't leave behind a glue residue for the need of using WD40 when I did mine.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by InfidelMT; 11-17-2019 at 11:32 AM.
    2019 Wolverine X2 Camo R-Spec
    1st Wolverine X2 ECU Tuned by Dynojet with Power Vision
    JBS & Hunterworks sheave testing inprogress
    MSA M25 Wheels with EFX 8ply 27x10x14 Motoclaw
    SuperATV 1.5" Rear Wheel Spacer
    Pro Vantage 3500 Warn Winch
    Super ATV 72" Plow
    Rear Cargo Box
    Adventure Pro Magellan
    Super ATV Flip Windshield & Half Windshield
    Shoulder bolster deleted
    Jegs 28K BTU in Cab Heater
    Side by Side Enclosures full Cab
    Amsoil Synthetics Throughout

  9. #8
    Pavement Princess SKELLEY521's Avatar
    Member #
    15792
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    22
    Member #
    15792
    Liked
    13 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Supertramp View Post

    The roof bows in the center so water will puddle and pour down the center counsel instead of following the gutters out.
    Check or adjust the brace supports.
    IIRC the channel legs should be up. I have seen several installed incorrectly and it's very noticeable.
    Mine was installed correctly, but needed slightly tweaked. My roof line is straight as a arrow.
    2019 WOLVERINE X2 R-SPEC SE / Tactical Black
    STI HD9 Matte Black Machined Beadlock Wheels
    GBC Kanati Terra Master 28x10-14
    Warn AXON 45RC Winch w/ Synthetic Spydura Rope
    Yamaha Rear Cargo Box
    Yamaha Polycarbonate Front Windshield
    Yamaha Rock Sliders
    SuperATV’s Half Windshield
    Rogue Powersports Powerscreen mesh windshield
    Side X Side Enclosures Full Soft Cab
    Seizmik Halo-R Rearview Mirror & Pursuit Side View Mirrors
    Throttle-MAXX pedal

  10. #9
    Paper Boy
    Member #
    16566
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    14
    Member #
    16566
    Liked
    17 times
    Quote Originally Posted by InfidelMT View Post
    Variable heat worked perfect. I didn't leave behind a glue residue for the need of using WD40 when I did mine.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    I ended up using the ol ladies hair dryer lol worked good. I only use wd40 for and if anything is left. I will agree with you there for fit and finish, its not even as good as my T2. Maybe its because it was built here in the states. Dont get me wrong I'm happy simlpy because i know i have reliability but , come on yamaha at this kinda money?
    atkbike likes this.

  11. #10
    Paper Boy
    Member #
    16566
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    14
    Member #
    16566
    Liked
    17 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SKELLEY521 View Post
    Check or adjust the brace supports.
    IIRC the channel legs should be up. I have seen several installed incorrectly and it's very noticeable.
    Mine was installed correctly, but needed slightly tweaked. My roof line is straight as a arrow.

    Thanks for the heads up! I'm in the process of going over the entire thing and I will def look into that because it bags hard!
    SKELLEY521 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
WolverineForums.com is an independent Yamaha enthusiast website. Content on WolverineForums.com is generated by its users and WolverineForums.com is not in any way affiliated with Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A.