Gladiator Tires
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

Gladiator Tires

This is a discussion on Gladiator Tires within the Wolverine X2/X4 General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine X2 & X4 847cc SxS category; Has anybody else run Gladiator tires? I woke up the other day to a flat and pulled the rear tire off to find out that ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By kevin5881
  • 2 Post By wolvymanx4

Thread: Gladiator Tires

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    530 times

Gladiator Tires

Has anybody else run Gladiator tires? I woke up the other day to a flat and pulled the rear tire off to find out that the knobs are separating and it was not repairable. I had a big ride plan with all the managers at work so I had to put my stock tires back on which was shitty but got me through the day. Glad I kept them. I contacted Gladiator since they say they have a five year full replacement warranty. They just got back to me and told me that I need to file my claim through my retailer. I just forwarded the same email and pictures I sent Gladiator to Discount Tire that I purchased them from so I hope they get back to me soon. This is horrible. When I pulled off the other rear tire it was just as bad just not losing air yet. The fronts, when I pulled them off, are starting to do the same. If anybody has had any experiences with dealing with warranty issues with gladiator tires please let me know. The tires have been great until now. Hopefully it was just a bad batch and they take care of me and honor what they say their warranty will do. I'll keep you guys posted.Name:  20191007_140928.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  1.62 MBName:  20191014_205204.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  2.28 MB
    2018 X4 Special Edition
    STI HD7 Wheels In Radiant Red
    GBC Kanati Mongrel 28X10R14 Tires
    1.5" Wheel Spacers In The Rear
    18g HV Weights
    UNI Two Stage Air Filter
    Suntop
    OEM Windshield
    OEM Rear Bumper With Reverse Lights Mod
    Seizmik Strike Mirrors With Red Inserts
    Super ATV Tinted Rear Window
    UTV Tek Sun Visors

Weekender
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wolvymanx4 View Post
    Has anybody else run Gladiator tires? I woke up the other day to a flat and pulled the rear tire off to find out that the knobs are separating and it was not repairable. I had a big ride plan with all the managers at work so I had to put my stock tires back on which was shitty but got me through the day. Glad I kept them. I contacted Gladiator since they say they have a five year full replacement warranty. They just got back to me and told me that I need to file my claim through my retailer. I just forwarded the same email and pictures I sent Gladiator to Discount Tire that I purchased them from so I hope they get back to me soon. This is horrible. When I pulled off the other rear tire it was just as bad just not losing air yet. The fronts, when I pulled them off, are starting to do the same. If anybody has had any experiences with dealing with warranty issues with gladiator tires please let me know. The tires have been great until now. Hopefully it was just a bad batch and they take care of me and honor what they say their warranty will do. I'll keep you guys posted.Name:  20191007_140928.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  1.62 MBName:  20191014_205204.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  2.28 MB
    I had never even heard of gladiator tire until I saw them on your rig. The good news is that Discount tire has a great track record. I've had really good luck with them locally and with stuff I've bought online. They will most likely take care of you. I too had a bad experience with an off brand tire. I bought ocelots through Chapmoto. They took care of me in the end and I am now running carnivores. I won't be buying any off brand tires again. There are too many proven brands out there and it isn't worth saving a buck in the end. Please update with your results.
    MORSNO and wolvymanx4 like this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    155 times
    Must be some manufacturing defects in China on those tires. Never heard of them either. If I had to do it over again I would go with Blackwater Evolutions. I got 5500 miles out of those 8plys with no plugs or flats. Also made in the USA.
    2019 Wolverine X2 Camo R-Spec
    1st Wolverine X2 ECU Tuned by Dynojet with Power Vision (read/write over the diagnostic port)
    JBS & Hunterworks sheave testing inprogress
    MSA M25 Wheels with EFX 8ply 27x10x14 Motoclaw
    SuperATV 1.5" Rear Wheel Spacer
    Pro Vantage 3500 Warn Winch
    Rear Cargo Box
    Adventure Pro Magellan
    Super ATV Flip Windshield & Half Windshield
    Shoulder bolster deleted
    Jegs 28K BTU in Cab Heater
    Side by Side Enclosures full Cab
    Amsoil Synthetics Throughout

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Pit Stop
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    How many miles on them before they started to deteriorate?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2018 Wolverine X4 SE - Stock

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    530 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin5881 View Post
    I had never even heard of gladiator tire until I saw them on your rig. The good news is that Discount tire has a great track record. I've had really good luck with them locally and with stuff I've bought online. They will most likely take care of you. I too had a bad experience with an off brand tire. I bought ocelots through Chapmoto. They took care of me in the end and I am now running carnivores. I won't be buying any off brand tires again. There are too many proven brands out there and it isn't worth saving a buck in the end. Please update with your results.
    LOL. I recently put ocelots on my quad from chapmoto. I hope I don't end up doing this again with them. I am originally from so. Cal. And have been to Chapparrel many times and their motorcycle and atv tires had always done well before though. So we'll see. But as far as brands go at the time I bought these I could have got mongrels or terrabytes for the same price or close to it. I chose the Gladiators because my research showed the other brands were not true to size and these were. And being DOT approved I figured they would definitely have been a good tire. But if they don't just hook me up with new ones and give me some kind of credit I may try something different.
    2018 X4 Special Edition
    18g HV Weights
    UNI Two Stage Air Filter
    Suntop
    OEM Windshield
    UTV Tek Sun Visors

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    530 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Godti View Post
    How many miles on them before they started to deteriorate?
    Only maybe 1800-1900. Crazy huh because as you see in my pic they still have a ton of tread. On Gladiators website they say that they can be ran at 10 lbs too but I've been running them at 11. Wierd thing is it is only on the inside on the tires. Heres some pics I sent to discount tire. I used a paint marker and put arrows and tic marke by the cracks.Name:  20191015_111833.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  1.46 MBName:  20191015_111825.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  1.47 MBName:  20191015_111959.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  1.86 MB
    Last edited by wolvymanx4; 10-16-2019 at 01:09 AM.
    2018 X4 Special Edition
    18g HV Weights
    UNI Two Stage Air Filter
    Suntop
    OEM Windshield
    UTV Tek Sun Visors

Weekender
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wolvymanx4 View Post
    LOL. I recently put ocelots on my quad from chapmoto. I hope I don't end up doing this again with them. I am originally from so. Cal. And have been to Chapparrel many times and their motorcycle and atv tires had always done well before though. So we'll see. But as far as brands go at the time I bought these I could have got mongrels or terrabytes for the same price or close to it. I chose the Gladiators because my research showed the other brands were not true to size and these were. And being DOT approved I figured they would definitely have been a good tire. But if they don't just hook me up with new ones and give me some kind of credit I may try something different.
    Mine were the Ocelot P3036, identical tire to tusk warthogs, no limit patriots or wanda 3036. I suspect wanda makes the tire for all of them. Mine were out of round and shook the machine like crazy. Local discount tire said they wouldn't even attempt to balance them because they were calling for crazy weight. Chapmoto refunded me and let me keep them. I balanced them on a HF bubble balancer using 8-10 oz of weight. got them to stop shaking. They were horrible in most terrain, snow and mud especially. My wife tore a good hole in one on our last outting so I decided to replace them. After comparing them to the carnivores I just put on, you can tell there is a huge quality difference between the two. The carnivores were 25 bucks more per tire. No more cheap chinese tires for me, lol.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    530 times
    Ya these are the ocelot p356 (fronts) & p357 (rears) tires I put on my quad recently. 6 ply for the mountains out here. Ride really smooth so far.Name:  20190812_191712.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  2.16 MB
    2018 X4 Special Edition
    18g HV Weights
    UNI Two Stage Air Filter
    Suntop
    OEM Windshield
    UTV Tek Sun Visors

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    530 times
    Just an update. As kevin5881 said discount tire direct has been awesome to deal with. I did have to measure my tread. It was at 14/32nds. Basically 2/3rds tread so they gave me $80 back for each tire. The cool part is that they didn't make me get the same tires. I didn't want to have to go through this again possibly so I paid an extra $240 and now have a set of 28×10r14 GBC Kanati Mongrels on the way. So I really didn't want to have to change tires so soon but I amm excited to test out another radial. I'll post some pics and let everyone know my thought when I get them on and get some time on them.
    UPNORTH and Budro2 like this.
    2018 X4 Special Edition
    18g HV Weights
    UNI Two Stage Air Filter
    Suntop
    OEM Windshield