2019 Yamaha wolverine
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

2019 Yamaha wolverine

This is a discussion on 2019 Yamaha wolverine within the Wolverine X2/X4 General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine X2 & X4 847cc SxS category; My new machine has a throttle that is so ultra sensitive I cannot get a smooth ride from it. The slightest movement on or off ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: 2019 Yamaha wolverine

Spectator
    Member #
    Member #

2019 Yamaha wolverine

My new machine has a throttle that is so ultra sensitive I cannot get a smooth ride from it. The slightest movement on or off it either surges or brakes and starts to buck especially down a rough grade, you can feel it load the transmission and release like someone braking your car when they apply and release the brake. Something is going to break. I really DISLIKE this machine and presently would not recommend it. It’s hard to get in and out, the ride is rough, just not impressed. I have over 15000 miles on machines, I’m not beginner.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    298 times
    My question would be, if you're not a beginner as you say, and have much experience, how do you end up with a machine that you dislike so much? You never drove it, or sat in it before buying it? Also, if it's new, there is a certain break in period, as things are new and very tight. They all loosen up and smooth out with a few miles on them.
    2017 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Alpine white

Super ATV full flip windshield~Yamaha soft doors & Rear window~KFI 3000# winch & mount~Overhead gun rack~Tablet GPS
    Apeman video cam~Rear bench seat and integrated storage box~Monster Nomad blue tooth speaker~Perfex 2" lift
    Yamaha padding kit~Accessory bar~Overfenders~Sedona Ripsaw R/T 28x10R14 tires on Storm beadlock wheels ~Chupacabra side mirrors~AIS block off~X4 SE red, black, grey seats~X4 SE steering wheel~Traveller LED's

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Throttle Maxx helped me out quite a bit with the bucking. Try disconnecting the front sway bar, this improves ride quality a lot. If you don't do high speed riding you can disconnect the rear sway bar too. Most of my trail riding is below 20 mph and with both sway bars disconnected the ride is very plush. Tire pressure also makes a big difference, I run 10 psi front and rear.

You posted this thread in the older Gen 1 section. There is a different section for the newer X2 and X4 machines, just an FYI
    wolvymanx4 likes this.
    2018 Wolverine X4 SE
    OEM windshield, roof, and front A-arm guards
    SuperAtv 3500 lb winch and 1.5" wheel spacers
    28x10x12 dirt commanders all around

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Pit Stop
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    58 times
    How many miles have you put on your 2019? Sounds like a dealer should look at it.
    wolvymanx4 likes this.
    2019 X2 R-spec SE, Black, Full cab, heater, wiper, tracks, 4500 wireless winch,synthetic

Silver Bullet
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    215 times
    Have the dealer check it over. Maybe they didn't check it and something is out of adjustment. If you've never drive an ATV or SxS before its a different experience. Test a different machine at the dealer for comparison as well. They all have at least two on show/demo, 2 & 4 seater.
    2017 Wolverine RSPec SE
    Belleville, Ont. Canada

BigHorn 2.0 27 inch tires
    Half windshield
    Roof
    Aluminum Under armor
    Yamaha Warn 3500lb Winch & Synthetic rope

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    351 times
    Do you have an X2 or X4? Everything about my X4 is super smooth. Maybe it needs to go back.
    2018 X4 Special Edition
    STI HD7 Wheels In Radiant Red
    Gladiator ATR 28X10R14 Tires
    18g HV Weights
    UNI Two Stage Air Filter
    Suntop
    OEM Windshield
    OEM Rear Bumper With Reverse Lights Mod
    Seizmik Strike Mirrors With Red Inserts

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    387 times
    My understanding is you do not have a throttle pedal, it is a rheostat switch. It is a drive by wire computer type thing. The dealer should give this some attention. I do know that the auto industry is now having aftermarket opportunities with electronic piggy-back controllers of the accelerator, and wonder if someone will be getting into the UTV market for such issues, but would guess that only dealer can deal with this now.
    erik and MassiveOverkill like this.
    2016 Wolverine R-spec EPS- Camo, , JBS CVT grind, 16 gr OD, Purple, slugs, JBS mudguards, Autometer Temp Gauge, OEM stickguards, Flip wshield, Auto tie rod ends, Dual batts/manual switch, ALS defeat, Method 14" B-locks, 27" 9 & 11Maxxis Vipr,4000 Moto Max winch, Yama trunk, 20" single row roof light bar, Rigid D pods on bumper, 3"rear cage lower, harness bar and 4 pt harnesses, JBS/Eibach springs

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    319 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jimclemjr View Post
    My understanding is you do not have a throttle pedal, it is a rheostat switch. It is a drive by wire computer type thing. The dealer should give this some attention. I do know that the auto industry is now having aftermarket opportunities with electronic piggy-back controllers of the accelerator, and wonder if someone will be getting into the UTV market for such issues, but would guess that only dealer can deal with this now.

Yes, that's right I think I remember reading that about the X2/X4's. I kinda gave him shit in the other thread, because I think the 708 is a 'real' throttle pedal and I forgot they changed that for the X2/X4s.

With all the computer stuff, it's certainly worth checking out. Also, if you could try ANOTHER X2, and see if it behaves the same or not... I'm sure you'd be able to tell very quickly.
    2017 Wolverine R-Spec Blue
    2008 B-King
    1997 KLR650

Super Moderator MassiveOverkill's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1123 times
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    My new machine has a throttle that is so ultra sensitive I cannot get a smooth ride from it. The slightest movement on or off it either surges or brakes and starts to buck especially down a rough grade, you can feel it load the transmission and release like someone braking your car when they apply and release the brake. Something is going to break. I really DISLIKE this machine and presently would not recommend it. It’s hard to get in and out, the ride is rough, just not impressed. I have over 15000 miles on machines, I’m not beginner.
    Throttle max gas pedal accessory: https://throttlemaxx.com/

Quote Originally Posted by jimclemjr View Post
    Weller ECU flash actually modifies the throttle output for a little smoother operation.
    jimclemjr likes this.
    2018 Blue Wolverine X4
    First Wolverine X4 to break the 60 MPH barrier
    Over 6000 miles and 425 hours
    Hunterworks prototype sheave with easy cleanout port, 22 gram HV weights
    Weller Racing ECU flash
    HMF Titan Series Quiet slip-on Exhaust
    Walker Evans shocks
    Swiss-cheesed airbox lid
    NGK Laser Iridium spark plugs
    Tinkseal additives
    STI HD beadlocks wearing Tusk Terrabite 27x9x12 tires
    OEM windshield, soft cab, and roof
    OEM skid plates
    OEM rock sliders
    OEM A-arm guards
    OEM cargo box
    Check out the Yamaha X2/X4 FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/671163569748779/

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    88 times
    Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions, but sounds like a troll post. Everything new takes some getting used to. I don't think I've ever purchased anything new and felt comfortable with it right away. Time will tell.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links