New 2019 X2 SE owner - seatbelts - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

New 2019 X2 SE owner - seatbelts

This is a discussion on New 2019 X2 SE owner - seatbelts within the Wolverine X2/X4 General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine X2 & X4 847cc SxS category; Originally Posted by Walkerman OK - I eliminated the seat belt being the problem. Today I actually put the seat belt on and stated it ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: New 2019 X2 SE owner - seatbelts

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    443 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkerman View Post
    OK - I eliminated the seat belt being the problem. Today I actually put the seat belt on and stated it up. Went about 200 yds slowly and then tried to accelerate just as the blue engine temp lite went out. Engine started to stutter at about 20 MPH. Shut engine off and immediately re-started. Ran and accelerated just fine. Perhaps it is a temperature thing as some have said. Tomorrow I will drive slowly until the engine comes up to temp - then try to accelerate. Someone mentioned the possibility of a plugged fuel tank vent. That is interesting because I did have a little difficulty and removing the gas cap - and thought I may have heard a sucking sound when it released. Anybody know exactly where that vent is so I can check it?

On the first service (150 miles or 20 hrs) does the dealer really replace all of the gear oils, etc. like the manual says you are supposed to do? What sort of costs am I looking at for that? Thanks fella's
    I would says its got to be the temperature. Hopefully anyway. Just let it warm up for a while befor driving in the cold. I have had the seatbelt bypass on my X4 for a long time now and I have never had that issue. I have been letting mine warm up in the driveway for 10-15 minutes before driving it when its been cold. As far as your first service I had mine done at the dealership to have the receipt for warranty purposes. It cost just over $300 and they changed all my fluids. I know my local dealership well and they do what you ask them to do. I also have freinds that work there.
    2018 X4 Special Edition
    STI HD7 Wheels In Radiant Red
    Gladiator ATR 28X10R14 Tires
    18g HV Weights
    UNI Two Stage Air Filter
    Suntop
    OEM Windshield
    OEM Rear Bumper With Reverse Lights Mod
    Seizmik Strike Mirrors With Red Inserts
    Super ATV Tinted Rear Window
    UTV Tek Sun Visors

Hog Chaser
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    I thought you weren't supposed to drive it until the blue light went out? am i mistaken?

Super Moderator MassiveOverkill's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1301 times
    Quote Originally Posted by doober View Post
    I thought you weren't supposed to drive it until the blue light went out? am i mistaken?
    The sooner the engine gets up to temp the sooner that light is going to go out. Driving it is going to warm it up sooner than just letting it idle. Driving it slow is the best way to do that. In sub-freezing temps my coolant blue light goes out by the time I hit my cattle gate. So drive it, but drive it much slower than in my vids where I'm leaving my in-laws and getting on the highway. Otherwise they would have limited the speed much lower than what it is now.
    2018 Blue Wolverine X4
    First Wolverine X4 to break the 60 MPH barrier
    Over 6000 miles and 425 hours
    Hunterworks prototype sheave with easy cleanout port, 22 gram HV weights
    Weller Racing ECU flash
    HMF Titan Series Quiet slip-on Exhaust
    Walker Evans shocks
    Swiss-cheesed airbox lid
    NGK Laser Iridium spark plugs
    Tinkseal additives
    STI HD beadlocks wearing Tusk Terrabite 27x9x12 tires
    OEM windshield, soft cab, and roof
    OEM skid plates
    OEM rock sliders
    OEM A-arm guards
    OEM cargo box
    Check out the Yamaha X2/X4 FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WolverineX2X4/

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Pavement Princess
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    OK - today I slowly drove the machine until the engine temp was up to 140* - well above the point where the light went out on the dash indicating engine warmed up. The engine stuttered …… I shut it down and immediately restarted and it ran great. Tomorrow I will start it up - then shut it off right away before the engine temp lite goes out - then restart and see if it will accelerate without stuttering. I will get to the bottom of this..... by the way; when I shut it off and restarted, the temp said 135* and acceleration was just fine! This thing is a real mystery at this point! Any Yamaha engineers want to chine in on this?? The temp outside was 55*, far from being 'cold'!

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    232 times
    Hmm that’s goofy. Sounds like a sensor issue now. Your resetting sensors by killing power and restarting. Does any one know where the temp sensor for the wolverine is at to plug and in plug to inspect?

Super Charged
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    290 times
    To my way of thinking yes. This is a job for the dealer to sort out as replacement parts would be needed. Having said that.
    The sensor feeding the dash gauge may or may not be the one sending data to the computer. I have seen in auto's over temp lights driven by an independant sensor as they're a switch and not a resistive one. This maybe one piece but if the gauge is getting the data why not the computer. Wiring...
    2017 Wolverine RSPec SE
    Belleville, Ont. Canada

BigHorn 2.0 27 inch tires
    Half windshield
    Roof
    Aluminum Under armor
    Yamaha Warn 3500lb Winch & Synthetic rope

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    I am interested in what the guy asked about the fuel vent line location. I have the same problem with getting the gas cap off, it makes sense
    that the vent line could be kinked or something. I guess just find fuel tank and start looking for a vent hose running off the top of it?

Pavement Princess
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    New day - new info. Started machine and set dash gauge to show engine temp. At 75* shut engine off and restarted. It began stuttering.... Stopped, shut it off and restarted -engine temp was 80*. Took off and ran normally, even though I was well below 100* engine temp!! Outside temp was 45*. I am thinking you guys may be right about a bad sensor. I will have that checked at the 150 mile service which is coming up soon. I hope my dealer's tec's are up to date on this stuff.
    Again - thanks to all for opinions and in-put. These forums are an invaluable source of misc. info and tips/tricks.

I'm pretty sure I can rule out a fuel vent as causing this problem.... I put about 40 miles on the machine yesterday and aside from the initial stuttering that this thread is about, I never felt the engine starved for fuel at any point.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    443 times
    Oh ya, get it to the dealer. Its brand new you shouldn't have to deal any of that. I'm definitely curious to know what it is though in case I ever encouter the same problem.
    2018 X4 Special Edition
    STI HD7 Wheels In Radiant Red
    Gladiator ATR 28X10R14 Tires
    18g HV Weights
    UNI Two Stage Air Filter
    Suntop
    OEM Windshield
    OEM Rear Bumper With Reverse Lights Mod
    Seizmik Strike Mirrors With Red Inserts
    Super ATV Tinted Rear Window
    UTV Tek Sun Visors

Pavement Princess
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    OK! When in doubt, go read the manual VERY carefully.... It states that you should slowly run the machine until the temp lite goes out (around 80*), then let the engine come to an IDLE before trying to accelerate. I did just that this morning and it worked fine, accelerating smoothly. So.... perhaps a big to-do about nothing. I will keep an eye on this but it appears that Mother Yamaha is simply saving us from ourselves. Again...
    KeithStone76 and wolvymanx4 like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links