X2 x4 front brush guard bumper
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

This is a discussion on X2 x4 front brush guard bumper within the Wolverine X2/X4 General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine X2 & X4 847cc SxS category; Has anyone bought the 2.5in led fog lights for the OEM brush guard bumper? Those holes are small and it’s impossible to find another light ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: X2 x4 front brush guard bumper

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    371 times

Has anyone bought the 2.5in led fog lights for the OEM brush guard bumper? Those holes are small and it’s impossible to find another light that will work with that. The yamaha ones seem way overpriced and to small to do really much. So has anyone had any experience with them yet Or found a good replacement? Most lights are 3”. I made a cut out for a standard 3” square light but there is just not enough metal there as you can see.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Pavement Princess Dangerdad1101's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    I’ve been going through the same thing with finding lights for my rear brush guard. I settled on these lights from amazon. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XW4P7N2..._7wSGCb7TM49GS

I mocked them up yesterday, I’m gonna use a small piece of flat stock to extend the mounting tab on the brush guard back so they’ll mount nice and square. Hope this helps.
    2018 Wolverine X4 SE Matte Silver, Yamaha brush guards front and rear, full windshield and roof. Viper Max 4000lb winch. More to come.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    312 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 19Wherry View Post
    Has anyone bought the 2.5in led fog lights for the OEM brush guard bumper? Those holes are small and it’s impossible to find another light that will work with that. The yamaha ones seem way overpriced and to small to do really much. So has anyone had any experience with them yet Or found a good replacement? Most lights are 3”. I made a cut out for a standard 3” square light but there is just not enough metal there as you can see.
    I'm looking at this bumper after ripping off my fog light on the trail. Did you ever figure out what lights to use on this?
    Run it, break it, fix it.

2019 Wolverine X4 SE with a bunch of junk on it...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Gear Grinder
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    202 times
    I pretty sure front and rear bumper light holes are the same size. I think someone had it posted what to get for the rear. Find that thread and you'll know which ones to get for the front as well.
    2018 X4
    JBS Sheave
    JBS Springs
    Alba tune
    Bunch of other stuff

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    312 times
    Quote Originally Posted by therebel19 View Post
    I pretty sure front and rear bumper light holes are the same size. I think someone had it posted what to get for the rear. Find that thread and you'll know which ones to get for the front as well.
    Google brought up some 2.5” fog light results. All Amazon had were side marker lights.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    433 times
    Lots of 2.5" round fog lights on Amazon
    2019 X2 R-Spec SE
    29x9.5-15 Carnivores
    15" MSA M33 Clutch Wheel 4+3
    1.5" Rear Spacers
    Hunterworks Sheave
    Weller Tune
    NGK Laser Iridium spark plugs
    Eibach 2" Lift
    Amsoil Synthetic Oils
    Charcoal Canister Delete
    Front & Rear Sway Bar Delete
    Shoulder Bolster Delete
    KFI SE35 Winch
    KFI 66" Plow
    2019 X2 Manual

Gear Grinder
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    202 times
    Audak 2Pcs 10W Flood Mini LED Work Light 2 Inch Round LED Driving Lights Fog Lights for Motorcycle Motorbike Bike Dirt Bike Truck ATV UTV on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XCJG3VT...v_ov_lig_dp_it

These are what I put in my rear bumper and fit perfect. 2 1/2 would not fully fit in the hole because the housing around the bulb makes them over 2/12 They would have to ft behind the bumper and I'm not sure there is enough room unless they are really slim.
    Last edited by therebel19; 06-20-2020 at 09:18 PM.
    Flesh Eater likes this.
    2018 X4
    JBS Sheave
    JBS Springs
    Alba tune
    Bunch of other stuff

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    312 times
    I ordered up some new fog lights. I'm going to use some "P" clamps I have laying around, and attach them to the front bumper close to the winch. If this works out the way I think it will, they'll be level on the machine and look pretty good. Saves me $250 for the new bumper, and the hassle of finding decent lights to fit those small holes.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    371 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Flesh Eater View Post
    I'm looking at this bumper after ripping off my fog light on the trail. Did you ever figure out what lights to use on this?
    Could not find a replacement for the oem In The front. The were such an odd size. I bought the oem Yamaha ones. For the light out put they offer I would say they are over priced.

As far as the rear Bumper I did not use the Yamaha mounting tabs. It put the lights in a bad spot in my opinion. I put two rigid lights on the top of the dump box on each corner instead.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    312 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Flesh Eater View Post
    Could not find a replacement for the oem In The front. The were such an odd size. I bought the oem Yamaha ones. For the light out put they offer I would say they are over priced.

As far as the rear Bumper I did not use the Yamaha mounting tabs. It put the lights in a bad spot in my opinion. I put two rigid lights on the top of the dump box on each corner instead.
    That’s what steered me away from that bumper.

Fog lights turned out okay on P clamps.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Paul65 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links