New X4 from Canada - Page 5
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

New X4 from Canada

This is a discussion on New X4 from Canada within the Wolverine X2/X4 General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine X2 & X4 847cc SxS category; did a bunch of small stuff on the machine this weekend Added hardwood spacers to the seat brackets, made a huge difference Made some rear ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: New X4 from Canada

Roosted
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    114 times
    did a bunch of small stuff on the machine this weekend

Added hardwood spacers to the seat brackets, made a huge difference

Made some rear flares that fit perfect with the factory ones

Modified my swaybar links to make them quick disconnect.

a little something came in this morning - more to come tomorrow

Alex
    Wolverine X4 SE | 28x10-12 studded Maxxis Bighorn 2.0 (winter) | 27x9-12/27x12-12 Maxxis Bighorn on OEM wheels (summer) | OEM heater | OEM rear storage box | OEM A-Arm guards | OEM hardcoat windshield | OEM hard roof | Boss audio head unit and speakers | 20” black oak light bar | Front and rear winch | JBS Machined Sheave with 17g OD Weight’s | assault mirrors | SxS enclosures soft cab | SuperATV Rear Windshield | Walker Evans Shocks

Cannon Ball
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    212 times
    I have yet to see how mine will be. I know even driving our ATV it kicks up dust and some collects on the back However, knowwhere near what I collect following my son in his dust clouds. So I have to hang way back sometimes out of sight. We usually have a good breeze and it clears the dust in a cross wind. But I still collected enough in and around the machine. It'll be interesting to see how this SxS works out in that regard now. I personally don't want the wind drag. This is a huge difference over our ATV which is wide open and nothing around you or a front windshield. I have the short front yamaha windshield which I love, as it deflects a lot of everything. I could feel the improvement in the winter. My face wasn't cold at all.

On the x4 it looks good. Too bad it does hinge up at the top.
    2017 Wolverine RSPec SE
    Belleville, Ont. Canada

BigHorn 2.0 27 inch tires
    Half windshield
    Roof
    Aluminum Under armor
    Yamaha Warn 3500lb Winch & Synthetic rope

Roosted
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    114 times
    installed the Walker Evans shocks last night - gained a full in and a half of ride height out back and it stayed the same up front, i may decide to adjust the front preload a bit to get an additional inch of height and lower the rears by a bit so i'm sitting about 13" of ground clearance front and rear.

how it sits now

front clearance at below the skidplate

Rear clearance at the frame rails

So i took it out for a nice long drive (around 30km's) and played with the adjustments - i ended up on 6 clicks from soft in front and 8 clicks from soft in the rear - no bottoming out and extremely smooth over our rough trails. It rides significantly smoother and makes it much easier to ride around 35mph in trails that i typically ride around 20-25mph in so that's the dead giveaway that it was a worthy upgrade.

I'm going to spend some more time tuning them to my needs but on my end i could not be any happier with the setup.

post ride pics:

Alex
    Tripplec and MassiveOverkill like this.
    Wolverine X4 SE | 28x10-12 studded Maxxis Bighorn 2.0 (winter) | 27x9-12/27x12-12 Maxxis Bighorn on OEM wheels (summer) | OEM heater | OEM rear storage box | OEM A-Arm guards | OEM hardcoat windshield | OEM hard roof | Boss audio head unit and speakers | 20” black oak light bar | Front and rear winch | JBS Machined Sheave with 17g OD Weight’s | assault mirrors | SxS enclosures soft cab | SuperATV Rear Windshield | Walker Evans Shocks

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Very nice machine Alex, Did you buy it at Motoplex or did you go elsewhere? I currently have a 16 R-SPec and would like to get a 4-seater and am considering the X4 (among the T4 and P1000).
    I am just not sure I want to deal with them even though I can actually walk there from my house. I have bought 4 Yamahas so far and would like to stay in the family but as far as the dealer goes I'd rather buy from another one unless they can give an exceptional deal. From what I've heard they just don't care whether they make a sale or not.
    I ride the same areas as you so hopefully will see you at one of the camps sometimes.
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec, Blue
    2012 Grizzly 700 SE

Roosted
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    114 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Michel70 View Post
    Very nice machine Alex, Did you buy it at Motoplex or did you go elsewhere? I currently have a 16 R-SPec and would like to get a 4-seater and am considering the X4 (among the T4 and P1000).
    I am just not sure I want to deal with them even though I can actually walk there from my house. I have bought 4 Yamahas so far and would like to stay in the family but as far as the dealer goes I'd rather buy from another one unless they can give an exceptional deal. From what I've heard they just don't care whether they make a sale or not.
    I ride the same areas as you so hopefully will see you at one of the camps sometimes.
    i did buy mine from Motoplex and while it was a low pressure sale i felt like they were more than reasonable on their end - certainly they did not come off and desperate for a sale and willing to discount like crazy just to move a unit.

I traded in a 2016 Mule Pro-FXT and they gave me a fair trade that i was happy witt, they deal took less than 3 hours from the time i walked in to leaving with my new unit.

Roosted
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    114 times
    Went out of town to a buddy of mines place and we went out for a whole day of riding.

It was around 20 degrees C and sunny, we did a mix of open trails, mud, water, Rock crawling and some railbed riding - probably the most fun I've had in a single day.

Started around 10:00AM and finished riding around 9:30pm with a 3 hour supper break in the middle - covered just shy of 100 miles.

My front asnd rear mud flaps kept 99% of the mud and water out of the cab area the whole ride while the others were covered - very happy with it.

Momma is happy

Alex
    Last edited by Alex; 05-27-2019 at 06:17 AM.

Roosted
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    114 times
    Installed one of those fancy belt temp gauges yesterday - looking forward to seeing what the temps look like.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Sponsored Links