2019 Wolverine X2 SE Yamaha heater problems again - Page 6
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

2019 Wolverine X2 SE Yamaha heater problems again

This is a discussion on 2019 Wolverine X2 SE Yamaha heater problems again within the Wolverine X2/X4 General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine X2 & X4 847cc SxS category; Got another call from my dealer and Yamaha still has no idea how to fix per my dealer, but my dealer ordered a inline thermostat ...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: 2019 Wolverine X2 SE Yamaha heater problems again

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Got another call from my dealer and Yamaha still has no idea how to fix per my dealer, but my dealer ordered a inline thermostat housing from a Polaris Gen heater kit that goes inline after the heater and before the radiator. this will keep more heat in the heater for a longer time , We will see if that works ,still on order but if that does not do it then I guess I will have to make a vinyl bra for the front of the machine to block off the grill to build heat .

Roosted
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    135 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bikenut View Post
    Got another call from my dealer and Yamaha still has no idea how to fix per my dealer, but my dealer ordered a inline thermostat housing from a Polaris Gen heater kit that goes inline after the heater and before the radiator. this will keep more heat in the heater for a longer time , We will see if that works ,still on order but if that does not do it then I guess I will have to make a vinyl bra for the front of the machine to block off the grill to build heat .
    Before going through all that hassle, just buy a universal truck mudflap and cut to size and slide it in, that’s all I did, it took less than 5 minutes and worked flawlessly.
    Wolverine X4 SE | 28x10-12 studded Maxxis Bighorn 2.0 (winter) | 27x9-12/27x12-12 Maxxis Bighorn on OEM wheels (summer) | OEM heater | OEM rear storage box | OEM A-Arm guards | OEM hardcoat windshield | OEM hard roof | Boss audio head unit and speakers | 20” black oak light bar | Front and rear winch | Weller Racing Tune | JBS Machined Sheave with 20g OD Weight’s | assault mirrors | SxS enclosures soft cab | SuperATV Rear Windshield | Walker Evans Shocks

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    My machine is new and under warranty and all this work and labor is on Yamaha not me. Let them find the problem.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    147 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bikenut View Post
    My machine is new and under warranty and all this work and labor is on Yamaha not me. Let them find the problem.
    Just a thought,
    Have you tested this is real world conditions or are you just cruising around the block?
    I ask this because just cruising around the block my bike would not heat up past 160.
    I built a nice blocker and took it out this weekend for it's first real ride in the desert and I had to remove my blocker.
    Bike runs 190-207 in desert riding conditions.
    (No heater) (70 degrees outside)
    2019 X2 SE Black
    29x9-14 all around.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Yes this was done in real time running. Drove for over a hour and never got above 154 but when you stop and not move it would go up to 207 start to run and it goes right back to 154.
    Anyway
    Got a call from my dealer and he is waving the white flag and giving up. Yamaha will not help . The dealer did try the inline thermostat after the heater before the radiator and it did not change anything.
    I have on order a thermostat from Germany and will get in a couple of weeks and may try that if it is the right size as is states. The thermostat in our machines are a 44mm Dia and a 160 degree from NTCL company.The one I ordered is the same manufacture but a 180 degree which should make the motor run 20 degrees hotter till it starts to open at 180 and then it will start to cool down but not go below 180 or so. Wide open thermostat on this new one is 195 the original is wide open at 185. We will see if it works. Thermostat number is 17670-50G00 and the same thermostat from Rock Auto is for a 1990 SUZUKI SWIFT 1.3L L4 DOHC
    ACDELCO 12T62D Thermostat but a different number
    $ 6.44 $ 0.00 1 $ 6.44
    I still do not have them so I do not know if they are the same as the original one in the machine from the factory but higher temps. I will see as so I as get them and let you know.
    Wish the dealer could have found a fix but I will keep trying. I ran a motorcycle shop for over 10 years and always like to find different problems solved

Weekender
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    77 times
    The heater seemed to work fine on mine. My full enclosure is back ordered, so no door windows and no back window. It was in the 50's and tracks add a reduction in the gearing. I was driving 25 or 30mph most of the time. Installing heated seats today. My main reason for the heater is the defroster keeping the windshield clear.
    2019 X2 R-spec SE, Black, Full cab, heater, wiper, tracks, Warn 4500 wireless winch,synthetic. Sendona wheels, 5/2, Sedona rip saws 27x11xR14 , Moose plow, Furion RV back-up camera, Garmin GPS. All Glass.

Pavement Princess
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Just want to say you are not alone. I posted about the same issue a while back. Called my dealer multiple times and even brought the machine 300 miles so they could look it over. They claimed it got to temp... Well I know it gets to temp after 35 minutes of idling but as soon as I take it for a spin it drops right back to 150 range. I did block my radiator off which helped a little but it's really not the answer I was hoping for. Did that replacement thermostat work out?

Pavement Princess
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I just installed the icecrusher maxstat thermostat bypass in my rig which diverts the coolant through the heater circuit first until the coolant temp hits 180ish to open the second thermostat. It did not work. System still fails to maintain temp above 165. The cooling system in this machine is far too efficient for the engine. I do not know what to do at this point. Blocking off the radiator just should not be the answer to this Yamaha needs to address it with a proper fix.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    147 times
    This is a weird situation.
    In real world riding conditions my bike runs hots.
    My temp gauge is always hitting 206 then the fan kicks on and drops until the fan shuts off and then the cycle starts again.
    If I just let it idle from cold it only get up to 150-160 after 10-15 minutes.
    2019 X2 SE Black
    29x9-14 all around.

Pavement Princess
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I wish I was hitting fan temp consistently. Just did an hour trail ride with the wife and kid and it was a warm day. I did not see anything north of 165. The only time my machine gets to 207 to kick the fan on is if I let it idle for like 45 minutes. I thought for sure that maxstat system was going to solve all my problems but here I am $100 less in my pocket and not happy. I am thinking of replacing the stock thermostat just to see if maybe there was a batch of bad units sent out that open too early.
    DWRAT likes this.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Sponsored Links