First problem with 2019... The Tail Gate Won’t Open - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

First problem with 2019... The Tail Gate Won’t Open

This is a discussion on First problem with 2019... The Tail Gate Won’t Open within the Wolverine X2/X4 General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine X2 & X4 847cc SxS category; I fixed mine. Real simple, remove the Allen head bolts, there is 4 in the middle that you can leave in. One you have it ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: First problem with 2019... The Tail Gate Won’t Open

Weekender
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    I fixed mine. Real simple, remove the Allen head bolts, there is 4 in the middle that you can leave in. One you have it apart you release the arms by popping the plastic tab on the end. To fix mine I took out all the slack in the arms by manually spreading the center mechanism and rotating the threaded arms until they fit snug. Then I lubed the center plastic slide and the end latches.
    I imagine this sounds real confusing. I guess I could actually do a how-to with photos.
    TimBo and chrisru like this.

Couch Potato
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    I think mine is toast, looks like I'll need a new handle assembly.

The flat metal piece that actuates the mechanism bent, I don't see any way to salvage it. Looking at the design I'm surprised this isn't a more common issue. This looks like it will be the first piece to fail anytime the latch system binds up.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    2019 Wolverine X2 R-Spec

Spectator
    Member #
    Member #
    I was having a problem with my X4 tailgate falling open while riding. When I took it apart I was surprised to see the chintzy plastic handle mechanism. A thorough coating with silicone spray solved the problem, but I am very disappointed in this cheaply designed mechanism.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    100 times
    I haven't had an issue on my X2. (Yet). But I also took some fluid film and sprayed everything good and it operates very smoothly ever since I did that.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Weekender
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    My tailgate was stuck once, it looked like the bottom pivot point had worked its way out of the pocket it pivots on. I pushed the bottom of the tailgate in and it seemed ok. Also no sitting on the tailgate.
    2019 X2 R-spec SE, Black, Full cab, heater, wiper, tracks, Warn 4500 wireless winch,synthetic. Sendona wheels, 5/2, Sedona rip saws 27x11xR14 , Moose plow, Furion RV back-up camera, Garmin GPS. All Glass.

Couch Potato
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    I was able to resolve my issue a few days ago. My local dealer was able to get me a replacement handle/latch assembly quickly. The part number is BG4-F389F-01-00. $37 and about a 10 minute DIY to swap out.

While I was in there I lubed everything up as suggested. I also adjusted out any free play in the rods and the tailgate seems better than new. I know now to take it easy on the handle.
    blast likes this.

Pavement Princess
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times

HMF and Weller Reflash

Quote Originally Posted by jrry261 View Post
    I fixed mine. Real simple, remove the Allen head bolts, there is 4 in the middle that you can leave in. One you have it apart you release the arms by popping the plastic tab on the end. To fix mine I took out all the slack in the arms by manually spreading the center mechanism and rotating the threaded arms until they fit snug. Then I lubed the center plastic slide and the end latches.
    I imagine this sounds real confusing. I guess I could actually do a how-to with photos.

That's all it took on mine also. Lubed everything and it works better now than it did the day I bought it.
    2018 X4 Camo with roof. LED dome lights, Reverse lights, Superwinch Terra 45, Midland micro mobile MXT115, Weller reflash, HMF exhaust

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links