Cargo Trailer for X4
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

Cargo Trailer for X4

This is a discussion on Cargo Trailer for X4 within the Wolverine X2/X4 General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine X2 & X4 847cc SxS category; Hello: New member here. Looks like you guys have a great site! I am about to pull the trigger on an X4 and am kicking ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bjniceguy

Thread: Cargo Trailer for X4

Spectator
    Member #
    Member #

Cargo Trailer for X4

Hello:

New member here. Looks like you guys have a great site! I am about to pull the trigger on an X4 and am kicking around going with an enclosed trailer this time. In looking over trailer and X4 specs, I see a potential problem in that the X4 has a height of 77.2 inches (not sure if that includes roof) and the trailers are listed as 6 feet 6 inches or 78 inches. Anyone hauling an X4 in an enclosed trailer?
    If so, what height of trailer?

Thanks!

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1410 times
    Hauling just about any SXS in an enclosed trailer will require extra height due to future suspension lifts, tires, lights, etc. They do make them, I've seen plenty up here that guys convert into campers also. To load a SXS many back them in so the roof clears the even smaller door opening while going up the ramp. Open trailers are easier to deal with when hauling SXS's.
    2016 Alpine White Wolverine R-Spec SE
    27" Tusk Terrabites, 2" Gorilla lift kit, Over Fenders, Warn 3500 Winch, Folding Windshield, Rear Windscreen, Accessory Bar & Gun Mount, Front & Rear Grab Bar Bumpers, Cargo Bed Box, Rear-view Mirror, RAM GPS Mount, Battery Tender Charger, Seizmik Pursuit Mirrors, Lux-Pro Dome Light, Throttle Maxx Pedal Extension, Yamaha Aluminum Front Skid Plate, TGM Off-Road/Konstruktor Doors W/White & Gray Decals

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I have a 7' enclosed trailer for my R-Spec.....the R-Spec has a 2" lift.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Gear Grinder
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    I have a aluma 7' x 12' with 6'9" ceiling height. X2 goes thru door fine. Mine is only 7' wide, so I winch in & roll out (using winch to control out roll). I am to "porky" to get out of door on car when loaded. I also use the trailer for YXZ so have stop blocks with 2 sets of d-Rings to put straps over tires for tie down. Sure is nice to have clean unit at least when you get to your ride location (no bugs, rock chips, or rain residue). Plus keeps strain off windshield etc. What is in unit when load (loose clothes, bags etc) is still there when you get to ride. Plus I have a 15 gallon fuel tank mounted inside trailer so can fill when needed.
    MNDirtRider likes this.

rlk
    Pavement Princess
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    I have the legend 7 x 84" interior height, at the door is 80 ", 42" vnose, they call it 7 x 17, but its really a 14' with 42" nose. Range 570 no problem, going with X2, basically same dimensions. I really like the stand up height of 84", never have to worry about hitting my head anymore! Name:  20190304_140906.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  3.02 MBName:  20190304_140938.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  2.85 MB

Sponsored Links