Are your front Factory Roof Brackets Installed Incorrectly ? - Page 4
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

Are your front Factory Roof Brackets Installed Incorrectly ?

This is a discussion on Are your front Factory Roof Brackets Installed Incorrectly ? within the Wolverine X2/X4 General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine X2 & X4 847cc SxS category; What windshield do you have? My roof is starting to sag a lot in front middle, it's starting to catch my full flip windshield....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Are your front Factory Roof Brackets Installed Incorrectly ?

Weekender
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    58 times
    What windshield do you have? My roof is starting to sag a lot in front middle, it's starting to catch my full flip windshield.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    169 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotch&Cigars View Post
    A little bit confused with the info here. I'm a new X4 owner and ordered the factory roof and full windshield. I installed these myself and upon viewing the roof from the side, the back half appears nice, tight and flush, but the front portion seems to be lifting away from the bars. When viewing the windshield from the front it would appear that it bows as well on the top of the windshield in the center and doesn't sit flush. Am I a victim of the issue in this thread? Also how and where can I order a new weather stripping for the top portion of the windshield, mine blew off during transporting (not sure how that would happen) and I can't find any online.
    I believe the X4 doesn't use those brackets. The roof is designed differently. My X4 Doesn't have those and my roof is fine.
    2017 Wolverine R-Spec SE
    2019 Wolverine X4

2017 Super Atv - Front Window
    2017 Kolpin - Rear Window
    2017 Kolpin - Side Mirrors
    2017 Ryco - Utah Street Legal Kit
    2017 Yamaha - LED taillights with Reverse
    2019 Yamaha Windshield
    2019 Emp Side Mirrors
    2019 SuperAtv Rear Window.
    2019 Yamaha Roof
    2019 Ryco Utah Street Legal Kit

Couch Potato
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by skyking View Post
    im in agreement with bullseye, bracket channel up seems to be correct
    Just for the record, I'm also in agreement with bullseye, my channels up, OEM glass windshield (I installed) on my 2019 X2 Rspec. Took 1 off and flipped it over to "channel down" just to see.. Nothing was right, no way it would work channel down. Don't know how to explain this one.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Hog Chaser
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    My brackets are channel down. The back and the front seem a little "off". I am going to try to loosen up all of the mounts to the rollcage and see if they just tightened them up wrong.

I just cropped some pics to post.
    It really does look like the back of the roof is just the center mount. Not sure about the front, but if the back is squeezed in, the front could bow in some.

Name:  IMG_20190709_214703.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  383.3 KB

Name:  IMG_20190711_114250.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  233.0 KB

Name:  IMG_20190711_114344.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  267.5 KB

Hog Chaser
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    I tried to straighten it out.
    No luck.

I think mine is warped.

Great.
    2019 Yamaha Wolverine X2 RSpec BLUE SE - 14" MSA Wheels; EFX MotoMax Tires; OEM Cargo Box; Seizmik Pursuit mirrors

2008 Yamaha Grizzly RED - Too many changes to list!!

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Mine are channel up. Everything works although I have a bow in the roof on the passenger side. I think it's more of a roof problem than the brackets. Super ATV windshield barely clears it but I have enough adjustment room to make it work
    2019 Yamaha Wolverine x2 r-spec ridge red.
    Super ATV flip up windshield
    Super ATV tinted rear windshield
    Black ops 3500# synthetic winch

Spectator
    Member #
    Member #
    Our roof was crooked from the dealership. We had them order a new one and everything is good now. It's hard to see in this picture, but it was bowed down in the middle. Dealer said that some of the roofs were coming from the factory that way.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hog Chaser
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Mine was also and still is. I just never worried about it

Couch Potato
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I recently trailered mine and noticed the center roof seemed to be flapping excessively. I looked and as crazy as it sounds, I have no brackets installed at all. In fact the cross arm is installed backwards so there would be no way to mount the brackets without turning the cross arm around as the holes are facing backwards. I suspect the dealer installed it wrong and didn't want to correct it and just the left the brackets off hoping I didn't notice which is exactly what happened. I wouldn't have known if not for this thread. So I went to the dealer and they had two X2s sitting side by side. Unbelievably, one had brackets installed channel down and the other had them installed with channel up. To me channel down looked correct with the front roof line even and horizontal. The channel up install sagged in the middle as the brackets were pulling the center of the roof down and you could really notice it in my opinion. I ordered the parts and will install channel down and see how it looks after I correct the cross arm. I don't have a windshield so I don't have to worry about it fitting tightly. Needless to say I'm not too happy with the dealer for a variety of reasons but I won't be back to these guys in the future. One question for the experts is there any issue with loosening and re-tightening the roof screws holding the clamps in place? Thanks

Couch Potato
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    2019 X2 SE. Channel legs are up. Roof line is perfectly straight. OEM full windshield fits nice and tight.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links