Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

Wolverine X4 = Not impressed

21K views 32 replies 21 participants last post by  dburt 
#1 · (Edited)
So yesterday on lunch, I stopped by my local Yamaha dealer to inquire about some service costs for my R-Spec Wolverine and noticed that they had 2 X4's on the lot. Since I've not seen one in person since the release, figured I'd go check them out. Not a huge fan of how it looks in person. Decided to sit in it and man talk about uncomfortable. I'm about 6'4" 285lbs and I thought I was cramped in my R-spec. Sheesh..... I had to be a contortionist just to get in and out of the thing. You would've thought that Yamaha would have re-thought the door latch location as that what seems to be all up in the way when entering and exiting the vehicle. It may be the best thing since sliced bread mechanically, but ergonomically it's a dud for me. Won't be trading in my R-Spec anytime soon. If I did it would probably be for a Teryx4.

#2 ·
Yeah, it's not for the big and tall. I don't know why they put the door latch where they did. I would like to see someone come up with an aftermarket door/latch system for larger pilots. Pssstt Rob.

#3 ·
I like a lot of things about the X4 but I'm just a hair over 6' and was a little let down by the driving position too. Not that it really matters to me as I'm keeping my R-Spec too. Ergonomically it fits me pretty much perfect - I don't even really miss the fact that it doesn't have a tilt steering wheel. I'm finally getting it just how I want it... last thing I need to do is fall in love with something to trade for!

Reactions: mkenum79
#4 ·
I just sat in one today. I was just about to post the same thing. I’m 6’5” 270. That latch sucks. I also felt like I was sitting a little too high as well. I felt like I was sitting on it not in it like I feel in the rspec.

Reactions: mkenum79
#7 ·
Ha, that’s what drew me to the Wolverine. It was one of the few I was comfortable in.

#14 ·
Not impressed because you couldn’t fit your fat ass in it? Pretty sure the machine is fine, might want to consider a change in what you are cramming in your pie hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#15 ·
Wow! Shots fired!

#20 ·
I was just going to comment on how civil and collaborative everyone is on this form, no thin skinned fan boys, but then jungle whatever had to make his only three posts insulting and of no value. :-/

Reactions: Abell34
#21 ·
Yeah when I said big folks I meant because they’re all like a foot taller than me lol. I’m 5’7 so I don’t have those kinda issues. Just reaching stuff that’s on the top shelf!! That was a weird few posts, haven’t seen that on here before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: atkbike
#25 ·
I enjoy the ergos on the rspec much more than some other machines. Except for the height of the roll cage. For me its way too much and it end up hitting limbs others miss, but I do like the shoulder space. I still end up hanging my arm out beyond the black plastic piece but its still better than the commanders ive driven.

#27 ·
Hey Guys, sorry about that post! I made the fatal mistake of leaving my phone at the bar and my buddies thought it would be fun to start some s#!t. I'm 6'4" and 235lbs so I'm in that same club. I'm sure their comments were more directed at me than any of you since I'm getting my X4 in a few weeks. I apologize for looking like an ass and causing any drama!

#29 ·
CLASSIC...LMAO...Wish you took a selfie once you saw your post....

Reactions: Atcdan13
#31 ·
I hope the 2 seat 850 is based on the old r-spec chassis , not the new x4

Reactions: Atcdan13
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.