two way radios - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

two way radios

This is a discussion on two way radios within the Audio, Lighting and Electrical forums, part of the General Discussions category; We run the Rugged Radio and intercom with helmet kits in the wife's machine and I run a Yaesu dual band amateur radio in mine ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: two way radios

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    We run the Rugged Radio and intercom with helmet kits in the wife's machine and I run a Yaesu dual band amateur radio in mine as I am a licensed ham...lol...non Wolvy machines tho.
    TINKEN likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    227 times
    the antenna that comes with it is a ground plain antenna. made to put on a metal roof. the one i installed is a no ground plain antenna and a 2.5db gain. so you actually put out more then 5 watts. the antenna that came with it is junk. as for mounting the radio i used the same bracket/ bar mount as i did with my front light bar.
    this is the antenna i used http://www.theantennafarm.com/catalo...502n-3230.html
    2019 wolverine X2 R-spec SE
    bighorn 2.0 27 x 9 12 front 27 x 11 12 rear
    yamaha full cab with wiper and washer
    yamaha front brush guard
    yamaha rear brush guard
    yamaha cv boot guards front and rear
    yamaha rock sliders
    yamaha trunk box
    warn 3500 lb winch, synthetic rope, aluminum hawse fairlead, and winch remote
    kawell 28" led light bar
    ridged industries dome light and bed light
    midland micro mobile gmrs two way
    wet sounds stealth 6 ultra hd sound bar
    ROWE electronics AMPlink
    and more

gip
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    Dale, same radio I was using during last weeks ride at WR, with stock antenna that came with unit
    Last edited by gip; 08-22-2016 at 01:26 PM.
    ky kodiak likes this.
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS| Super ATV Tilt windsheild| Yamaha Rear Box| STI Roctanes XD 26x9x12 all 4 corners | and other associated goodies

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Weekender
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    44 times
    VT, I just ordered the 115 midland radio. The link for your antenna said page not found , could be me lol. Do you have another link and a few closer pictures of how you mounted it as I would like to mimic it. Thanks in advance
    2019 Wolverine X2 R Spec SE
    OEM Full Front Brush Guard
    OEM Full Poly-Carbonate Windshield
    Yamaha Cargo Box
    WARN Axon 35-S with Rocker & Cable Remote/ Factor 55 UltraHook
    Midland MXT 115 GMRS Radio

Veteran
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    293 times
    I could never hear well with an external speaker and could not use the mic with a full face helmet. The earbud that comes with the hand held Midlands are feeble. I finally went with a Rugged Radio with helmet headset and intercom. It works the best so far.
    The mountains are calling and I must go. 2016 RSpec Spec Ed
    Gorilla winch, Seizmic mirrors, EMP rear shield, Rugged Radio with intercom, 20" light bar, horn plays Dixie, 2"Perfex lift, Kenda Bearclaws ,Trail Tech temp gauge, Yama rear box and bumper, Throttle Max, tow rope to pull Polaris and Canams. TGM doors and door bags, Power Commander V. TCP "Mudder"radiator,Hunterworks high output fan, Superatv split windshield, extra wide homemade flex fenders.

Weekender
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    44 times
    Doc which one did you go with form Rugged?
    2019 Wolverine X2 R Spec SE
    OEM Full Front Brush Guard
    OEM Full Poly-Carbonate Windshield
    Yamaha Cargo Box
    WARN Axon 35-S with Rocker & Cable Remote/ Factor 55 UltraHook
    Midland MXT 115 GMRS Radio

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    552 times
    I just got a Fodsport Bluetooth setup. Basically a road bike setup for 8 riders. Fairly impressed with its convenience and function after one day on trail. $80 each Amazon, helmet mounted rechargeable, run all day. Con is the range, which is about a mile with 'line of sight' but eastern trail riding can lose the connection if pushing the distance and around a mountain. Easy to hear with in helmet speakers. It also pairs up to your phone and GPS if desired. It works fine for our needs and size of group.
    2016 Wolverine R-spec EPS- Camo, , JBS CVT grind, 16 gr OD, Purple, slugs, JBS mudguards, Autometer Temp Gauge, Alba Racing Reflash, SATV A-arms & DIY stick guards, Flip wshield, Auto tie rod ends, Dual batts/manual switch, ALS defeat, Method 14" B-locks, 27" 9 & 11Maxxis Vipr,4000 Moto Max winch, Yama trunk, 20" single row roof light bar, Rigid D pods on bumper, 3"rear cage lower, harness bar and 4 pt harnesses, JBS/Eibach springs, SPAL fan, ACM doors, Lexan moonroof, Pyle rear cam

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    I just got a Fodsport Bluetooth setup.
    I've been eyeballing those from Amazon but was waffling due to their low cost compared to Sena and Cardo.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=choice_...ts%20m1s%20pro

Range is not a factor since it will only be used for driver to passenger comms, my biggest concern was long term reliability. Reviews were reasonably positive but Chino stuff like this is always a crap shoot. I really don't want it bad enough to spend hundreds of dollars but would go $150 if they're not total junk. Are you still happy with your purchase? Thanks in advance.

Mike
    2019 X2 SE BC Blue
    28X10X12 Blackwater EVO's All Around
    OEM Folding Windshield
    OEM Cargo Box
    4500 lbs. Winch

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    552 times
    I was content with the intercom usage but the range in the line of site for trail riding leaves something to be desired. Probably no more than a 1/2 mile with any hills in the way. My buddy does not like the openness of the VOX communication and prefers to have a PPT switch on steering wheel, so I think he is pursuing that avenue. If just for intercom, I liked these units and they come with two styles of mics and good speakers. Even though my buddy may not continue using his and the group is going to a different kind of radio, I discovered I can Bluetooth with my phone and listen to me 500 song library on my iPhone, and it sounds pretty good. Units good for all day on standard charge and reasonable ride chatter. WE have 8 or 10 in our group and the Fodsport will link up to 16 IIRC, which I thought would be a big plus and they daisy chain between all units to extend the range of front to rear rider.
    Last edited by jimclemjr; 11-02-2019 at 11:42 PM.
    2016 Wolverine R-spec EPS- Camo, , JBS CVT grind, 16 gr OD, Purple, slugs, JBS mudguards, Autometer Temp Gauge, Alba Racing Reflash, SATV A-arms & DIY stick guards, Flip wshield, Auto tie rod ends, Dual batts/manual switch, ALS defeat, Method 14" B-locks, 27" 9 & 11Maxxis Vipr,4000 Moto Max winch, Yama trunk, 20" single row roof light bar, Rigid D pods on bumper, 3"rear cage lower, harness bar and 4 pt harnesses, JBS/Eibach springs, SPAL fan, ACM doors, Lexan moonroof, Pyle rear cam

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    Nice. I went from the motorola hand helds to midlands for hunting, and they have suited me well. Better quality, better reception, and cost less.
    2017 Yamaha Wolverine EPS w/26" Sedona RipSaws (Sold), 2020 X2 XT-R mostly stock for now.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links