To add, when I had my autocom hooked to the GMRS radio, both rider and passenger, and the person on the other end of the radio could all speak together as if we were in the same room or vehicle.

The Bluetooth headset and the radio "should" be the same, the only difference is lack of wire from the radio.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Pete View Post
I'm struggling to find GMRS radios that will pair with headphones AND allow the headphones to keep their intercom role. One said this: Bluetooth compatible -allows radio to pair with Bluetooth headset for “hands-free” operations. So I guess it means we can both talk on the radios via bluetooth. But not use the bluetooth headsets as an intercom. Unless the secret is the autocom system. So far, searches for "Autocom" have taken me to a company that makes clutch parts. I did, however, find the Sena SR10-10 Bluetooth Adapter for Two-Way Radios or Mobile Phones. But I believe users said you had to leave it set to radio or to intercom but it couldn't do both at the same time.

So far the best intercom I've found seems to be the Eartec UL2D UltraLITE Full Duplex Wireless bluetooth units, a pair (or more) of self-contained headsets. They provide muffs for sound dampening and noise cancelling boom mics. All battery operated, so no wires. About $400 for two. But unless I can get some other system to pair with it they won't give me the radio capability.