Wire kit Yamaha 5KM-86171-00-00 - Page 4
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

Wire kit Yamaha 5KM-86171-00-00

This is a discussion on Wire kit Yamaha 5KM-86171-00-00 within the Audio, Lighting and Electrical forums, part of the General Discussions category; I just picked up 3 of them Yesterday!...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Wire kit Yamaha 5KM-86171-00-00

Paper Boy
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    I just picked up 3 of them Yesterday!
    Name:  IMG_1232.JPG
Views: 279
Size:  33.7 KB
    Chuggy500 likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    44 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
    I was going to start a new thread but figured it would be more appropriate to add to this one.

All Yamaha's have a blank connector to keep dirt out of the additional accessory plug. Now if you have an older model, it may make sense to buy the splitter part but us X4 owners have plenty of plugs already (there are at least 6):

You can take that blank plug and buy the pins necessary to convert it to a harness. The male connector (plastic part) uses female pins and the female connector uses male pins (I know pretty confusing). The blanks are FEmale, so we need male pins.

You can get them here, which also has option for 2 different wire gauge sizes:

Male https://www.corsa-technic.com/item.php?item_id=227 (these are what you need for the blanks already provided)

You could also just Google Sumitomo p/n 1500-0105 (male).

Don't forget to order seals as well: https://www.corsa-technic.com/item.php?item_id=351

For under 10 bucks you could get the pin connectors for all your accessory plugs

UPDATE: Received my parts from Corsa. I had ordered the wrong pins (female) and they exchanged them for the male pins as well as combined my shipping

On the right you can see the blank plug which requires male pins:

I ordered two wire gauge sizes:

Simple to crimp on, make sure you bend over the tabs closest to the end as well or the pin won't engage the locking tab:

Ready to go, I only needed the positive lead:

If you're doing reverse lights you'll need the female sockets:

https://www.corsa-technic.com/item.p...ategory_id=111
    i think i have the proper crimp tool. does anyone know how to use them properly. i did see a youtube video of a similar connector but buddy was just winging it. and i'm just guessing and my crimps don't look 100 %. not like i have a bunch of connectors to practice wit ( should have ordered more, they are cheap enough)
    2019 X2
    oem full windshield
    soft rear window
    KFI stealth 3500 winch
    warn provantage plow
    auxbeam 32" light bar
    Little Trees pine air freshener.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    62 times
    I was going to start a new thread but figured it would be more appropriate to add to this one.

All Yamaha's have a blank connector to keep dirt out of the additional accessory plug. Now if you have an older model, it may make sense to buy the splitter part but us X4 owners have plenty of plugs already (there are at least 6):

You can take that blank plug and buy the pins necessary to convert it to a harness. The male connector (plastic part) uses female pins and the female connector uses male pins (I know pretty confusing). The blanks are FEmale, so we need male pins.

Male https://www.corsa-technic.com/item.php?item_id=227 (these are what you need for the blanks already provided)

Don't forget to order seals as well: https://www.corsa-technic.com/item.php?item_id=351

For under 10 bucks you could get the pin connectors for all your accessory plugs

UPDATE: Received my parts from Corsa. I had ordered the wrong pins (female) and they exchanged them for the male pins as well as combined my shipping

Simple to crimp on, make sure you bend over the tabs closest to the end as well or the pin won't engage the locking tab:

Did you order the blank female plugs too, or is that what the seals are for? Sorry if i seem clueless, ive never done this before.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Super Moderator MassiveOverkill's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    967 times
    I made the mistake of ordering the female pins initially and glad I did since the rear backup light harness blanks use them. The seals are just that, seals for male or female pins. The rear backup blank plug comes with a male harness that needs female pins just like the standard accessory male harness comes with a blank female plug

Standard accessory harness under from cowl: Power is male plastic harness supplied with blank female plug which requires male pins and seals from Corsa.
    Rear backup harness: Power is female plastic harness supplied with a blank male plug which requires female pins and seals from Corsa.
    KeithStone76 likes this.
    2018 Blue Wolverine X4
    First Wolverine X4 to break the 60 MPH barrier
    Hunterworks prototype sheave with easy cleanout port, 22 gram HV weights
    Weller Racing ECU flash
    HMF Titan Series Quiet slip-on Exhaust
    Swiss-cheesed airbox lid
    Tinkseal additives
    STI HD beadlocks wearing Tusk Terrabite 27x9x12 tires
    OEM windshield, soft cab, and roof
    OEM skid plates
    OEM rock sliders
    OEM A-arm guards
    OEM cargo box

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    62 times
    I made the mistake of ordering the female pins initially and glad I did since the rear backup light harness blanks use them. The seals are just that, seals for male or female pins. The rear backup blank plug comes with a male harness that needs female pins just like the standard accessory male harness comes with a blank female plug

Standard accessory harness under from cowl: Power is male plastic harness supplied with blank female plug which requires male pins and seals from Corsa.
    Rear backup harness: Power is female plastic harness supplied with a blank male plug which requires female pins and seals from Corsa.
    Thanks! I've got the X2 so I already have the back-up lights but I am wanting to add more lights and USB ports. After I looked again and thought about it over night, it does make sense. This is my first sidexside and I'm enjoying tinkering with it. I can see why people say it becomes an addiction!

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk
    MassiveOverkill likes this.

Paper Boy
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    The leads rock! made wiring the winch very simple!

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    62 times

I wired up a few switches today. The switches are backlit from Mictunning. The male plugs and seals are pretty slick. It took me a second to figure out how the wire was supposed to be crimped on, but I figured it out. At least everything appears to be working ok. I also used 3-way barrel crimps for the ground. Pretty pleased with it all and looks halfway professional!

MassiveOverkill and Skwirl like this.

Hog Chaser
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithStone76 View Post
    I wired up a few switches today. The switches are backlit from Mictunning. The male plugs and seals are pretty slick. It took me a second to figure out how the wire was supposed to be crimped on, but I figured it out. At least everything appears to be working ok. I also used 3-way barrel crimps for the ground. Pretty pleased with it all and looks halfway professional!

Congrats on wiring it up

But,

We like pics.
    KeithStone76 likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    62 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Skwirl View Post
    Congrats on wiring it up

But,

We like pics.
    Yeah, I thought of that after I had everything buttoned back up.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    44 times
    i hooked my garmin gps directly to these plugs. and i was planning to hook my usb charging ports and led dome light directly too ( as in no relay ). am planning on installing a fuse for each plug in case of a short or any other issue that could take out all my plugs ( hate to lose my GPS while in the woods because of a short in my dome light. )
    i would check my amp draw but my amp meter is for ac amps only.
    i would assume i should have no issues with wiring that stuff without a relay??
    2019 X2
    oem full windshield
    soft rear window
    KFI stealth 3500 winch
    warn provantage plow
    auxbeam 32" light bar
    Little Trees pine air freshener.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links