Paiute Trail System, Central Utah
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

This is a discussion on Paiute Trail System, Central Utah within the Wolverine Pictures / Videos forums, part of the General Discussions category; I live in Salina, UT and my everyday riding is done in the Paiute Trail system. I created this thread to share pics of places ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Paiute Trail System, Central Utah

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    892 times

I live in Salina, UT and my everyday riding is done in the Paiute Trail system. I created this thread to share pics of places I take my new X4 that are all around my house.
    MORSNO, Rockit401 and blast like this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    892 times
    Lost Creek. about 15 minutes from home.Name:  20180601_170857.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  1.57 MBName:  20180601_170723.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  1.53 MBName:  20180601_171649.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  1.73 MB
    Planetcat, noload, MORSNO and 1 others like this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    892 times
    Old train tunnels. Always fun to cruise through!
    Name:  20180517_191056.jpg
Views: 563
Size:  1.33 MB
    MORSNO and blast like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Sunday Driver
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Looks awesome. I love Utah.

Cannon Ball
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    565 times
    I have been on the Paiute three times. The club ride will be there this fall. It is wonderful.
    The mountains are calling and I must go. 2016 RSpec Spec Ed
    Gorilla winch, Seizmic mirrors, EMP rear shield, Rugged Radio with intercom, 20" light bar, horn plays Dixie, 2"Perfex lift, Kenda Bearclaws ,Trail Tech temp gauge, Yama rear box and bumper, Throttle Max, tow rope to pull Polaris and Canams. TGM doors and door bags, Power Commander V. TCP "Mudder"radiator,Hunterworks high output fan, Superatv split windshield, extra wide homemade flex fenders.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    892 times
    Very nice! Its an amazing area, soooooo many trails. I love it too. Do you come out for the Rocky Mountain ATV Jamboree or is it a private club trip?

Cannon Ball
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    565 times
    We try to skip the jamboree and go just after it. It's not unusual to do 100+ miles a day on the Paiute. I know I put over 700 mi on my machine last. Time I was there.
    The mountains are calling and I must go. 2016 RSpec Spec Ed
    Gorilla winch, Seizmic mirrors, EMP rear shield, Rugged Radio with intercom, 20" light bar, horn plays Dixie, 2"Perfex lift, Kenda Bearclaws ,Trail Tech temp gauge, Yama rear box and bumper, Throttle Max, tow rope to pull Polaris and Canams. TGM doors and door bags, Power Commander V. TCP "Mudder"radiator,Hunterworks high output fan, Superatv split windshield, extra wide homemade flex fenders.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    557 times
    Is there a good trail book for the Paiute Trails?
    I understand there is some trail width restrictions in places.
    Also any recommendations for motels/camping for good access to trail and rides to take.
    Is it a year around trail or does it get snowed in?

While were talking Utah, does anyone have any experience on the Arapeen Trail system?

Experienced
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    348 times
    If my memory serves me correctly, I spent a long weekend down in that area at a small RV Park a good bit south of the Big Rock Candy Mountain store. Hotter than the inside of a barbequed billy goat. Very happy to be in a full service camp. Maybe 1000 ft above sea level all the way up around 4500 ish? Great country and differing types of terrain. Isn't that part of the trail system that runs from the U.S.- Mexico border all the way into Canada?
    2019 Camo R-Spec EPS
    ITP Steel Rims
    Evolution Tires
    3 1/2 " Highlifter Lift
    Warn 3500 Provantage Winch with wireless remote
    Yamaha Hard Coated Windscreen
    Yamaha Rear Curtain

2016 Camo R-Spec EPS
    Stock Steel Rims
    Mudlite II
    2" Perfex Lift
    Warn #3500 Pro Vantage Winch with wireless remote
    Yamaha Folding Windshield
    Yamaha Rear Curtain
    Hunterworks H.O. Fan

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    816 times
    Quote Originally Posted by noload View Post
    Is there a good trail book for the Paiute Trails?
    I understand there is some trail width restrictions in places.
    Also any recommendations for motels/camping for good access to trail and rides to take.
    Is it a year around trail or does it get snowed in?

While were talking Utah, does anyone have any experience on the Arapeen Trail system?
    We have stayed at Big Rock Candy once and Hoovers River Resort twice. We really like Hoovers River Resort, in Marysvale, UT the best. They have nice cabins and 6 nice RV spots along the river. Trail access is directly across the Hwy. for the trails to the West and there is trail access almost directly behind the resort for the trails to the East, North and South. You can ride for a week directly from Hoovers and never have to trailer. There are a few 50" trails but not a large percentage as compared to the total miles of trails available to ride. Hoovers also has a restaurant on-site that has good food and they sell ice. https://hooversriverresort.com/

Another popular place is Liz and Charlies RV/ATV Park, in Marysvale, UT Lizzie and Charlies RV/ATV Park. Never have stayed there but have ridden through it a couple of times and it always seems like it is crowded and everyone seems to be on top of each other due to so many cabins and camp sites packed together. Liz and Charlies is about 4 miles South of Hoovers.

Arapeen Trail System has more 50" trails than the other areas but still has a lot of great trails for SxS.

There are so many must see sites if you go to Paiute. I would highly recommend taking 1 day and trailering down to Bryce Canyon Nat'l Park, park and unload just outside of the park (close to Ruby's Inn), and there are trails/roads that you can ride your SxS on and look down on the Pink Cliffs and "Hoodoos", not quite as good as being in the park but very good scenery. Can't ride OHVs in the Nat'l Park.

There are some good paper maps and Charles A Wells has a book that describes the trails nicely.

I feel sure it would get snowed in, you get up to 11,500 in elevation in a couple of the passes. There are several great trails, but 1 of my favorite is riding from Hoovers to the town of Beaver for a late lunch. It is a long day but great scenery.

The only thing negative about Paiute can be the dust on some of the dirt roads to access the trails. It is not like Colorado dust which is heavier and settles out of the air fairly quickly. The Paiute dust is as fine as baby powder and I've seen it hang in the air for a 1/4 mile behind individual ATV/SxS riders when there is no wind to blow it away. You really have to spread out to keep from eating the person's dust in front of you, of course all of this depends on the amount of rainfall.

What do you use for navigation, GPS, phone, tablet, something else, or just a paper map, and what app if you use an app?
    Last edited by PapaSkeeta; 06-04-2018 at 08:08 PM.
    Doc T likes this.
    2016 R Spec EPS, Realtree, 29x9x14 & 29x11x14 Tusk Warthogs on ITP SS112
    Hunterworks Sheave, Greaseless 18 gr wts (did have 16 gr.), Purple Sec. Spring, Wet Clutch Slugs, CVT Blow Out Port
    Painted Control/Gear Symbols, Bad Dog Side Mirrors, EMP Panoramic Rear Mirror,
    Interior Overhead LED lights, Blue Floorboard LED Lights, Custom Side Rain Curtains
    Radiator Mud Guards, Yamaha Alum. Front Diff. Guard, Perfex 2" Lift, Winch,
    Grease Fitting Modification for Lower Rear A-Arm, Koso Coolant Temp. Gauge,
    RAM Mounts for GPS & 8" Tablet, Under Seat Storage Box, Folding Windshield,
    EMP Front/ Rear Bumpers, 100W 17" LED light, 18W Rear Flood LEDs 2x,
    60W Front Cubes Pillar Mounted, Great Day Gun Rack, Stebel Air Horn,
    Adjustable Driver's Seat, Turn Signals, Street Legal/TN Tag, Midland MXT115 Radio,
    Custom Bed Overhead Storage Carrier

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links