Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

Setting up spare tire and wheel- need advice

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  SKELLEY521 
#1 ·
I am setting up a spare tire and wheel & mount on my 2019 X2. Looking at using the Hornet Outdoors mount. I have the stock 12" rims with 27x9 and 27x11 Tusk Terribites on it. From what I have read in here, I should get a front rim and tire size so it will work on both from and rear. I am going to call my Yamaha dealer, which is an hour away to see if they have any take-offs, but I have Polaris, Can-Am, Motoforce dealers closer. Here are my questions-
1. Are the bolt patterns the same, that a wheel from another mfr. will work?
2. What is the offset of my stock 12" front wheel, or how do I measure this? So that when shopping other brands or aftermarket, I get the correct offset.
3. How does tire/wheel size affect it when putting in the front or rear, if it's different? Larger tire or wheel will have a greater circumference so it going to turn/spin at a different rate or speed than the other side. This isn't going to wreck anything in the driveline?
Any other advice?

Oh, another thing... I just put these Terribites on. Have about 150 miles on them. When cold, just starting out for the day, I get shake that feels like a square tire. After about a 1-2 miles it quits. It also quits when you get over about 20 MPH. Any ideas?

See less See more
#2 ·
I have a OEM 12" yamaha Aluminum rim and a 12" OEM yamaha Aluminum rim and tire combo its 26x9x12 STIc roctane no holes in it bare rim $20 and wheel and tire combo $70

#3 ·
Factory wheels are 12x6 & 12x7.5
Bolt pattern is 4/110 as far as I know, only certain Yamaha & Honda vehicles run that mostly. You will have to research it.
I am not sure of the offset, pull wheels and measure.
Radial tires develop flat spots when they set, very common. They just need to bet warmed up and they'll smooth out.
I've always run square set up, so no help there sorry.

Reactions: blast
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.