Fit Stock Rims?
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

Fit Stock Rims?

This is a discussion on Fit Stock Rims? within the Wheels & Tires forums, part of the General Discussions category; 2019 X2. Thinking about GBC Dirt Commanders. I would like to avoid the expense of replacing stock rims, that I already paid for. Any problem ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MORSNO

Thread: Fit Stock Rims?

Couch Potato
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Fit Stock Rims?

2019 X2. Thinking about GBC Dirt Commanders. I would like to avoid the expense of replacing stock rims, that I already paid for. Any problem putting these on stock rims:

27X9-12 Front

27X11-12 Rear

Thanks

Pit Stop
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    Nope. You shouldn't have any problems. I run 28x 10 on my stock 12" rims with no issues at all.
    Tsckey

2019 Wolverine X2 R-Spec SE
    Dragonfire "D" Steering Wheel, Assault Hub Adapter
    Bighorn 2.0 28x10x12 all around
    Energy Suspension greaseable rear Swaybar Bushings
    Super ATV 1.5" spacers, winch mount, Half windshield, and Mirrors
    Champion winch
    Kolpin Highrise Snowplow, 66" blade, plus Power Angle
    PRP 4.3 shoulder harness

Couch Potato
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    What I am concerned about is at what point is the tire to wide for the rim. Stock tire widths are 8" front/10" rear, so I am guessing that just another inch (9" front/11" rear), isn't going to be a big deal.

While I would like some extra ground clearance, I think I will go with 27's and not get to crazy. I have experienced power loss from huge tires before, so I learned that lesson already.
    2019 Wolverine X2

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1584 times
    Quote Originally Posted by off road View Post
    What I am concerned about is at what point is the tire to wide for the rim. Stock tire widths are 8" front/10" rear, so I am guessing that just another inch (9" front/11" rear), isn't going to be a big deal.

While I would like some extra ground clearance, I think I will go with 27's and not get to crazy. I have experienced power loss from huge tires before, so I learned that lesson already.
    You'll be good with +1" 27's, that has been the most common upsize on stock wheels around here over the years.
    Scurvy likes this.
    2016 Alpine White Wolverine R-Spec SE
    27" Tusk Terrabites, 2" Gorilla lift kit, Over Fenders, Warn 3500 Winch, Folding Windshield, Rear Windscreen, Accessory Bar & Gun Mount, Front & Rear Grab Bar Bumpers, Cargo Bed Box, Rear-view Mirror, RAM GPS Mount, Battery Tender Charger, Seizmik Pursuit Mirrors, Lux-Pro Dome Light, Throttle Maxx Pedal Extension, Yamaha Aluminum Front Skid Plate, TGM Off-Road/Konstruktor Doors W/White & Gray Decals

Sponsored Links