Tire pressure for 28" ripsaws - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

Tire pressure for 28" ripsaws

This is a discussion on Tire pressure for 28" ripsaws within the Wheels & Tires forums, part of the General Discussions category; I set the fronts at 8 and the rears at 9. I had it up to 40 and she did not seem to drifty......Have a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Tire pressure for 28" ripsaws

Slow Poke
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    I set the fronts at 8 and the rears at 9. I had it up to 40 and she did not seem to drifty......Have a ride this weekend, I'll wee how she is then.

Roosted
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    84 times
    I like the ripsaws, on my 3rd set. My 27's just barely kiss the front shock reservoir on fast and very bumpy trails The lowest I go is about 12psi because of all the rocks, without tracks I add air for additional GC for mud and snow. Too low of air pressure will increase you odds for pinch flats. I hope your 28s continue to work for you. Fully loaded we are talking about 2000 # on some models.
    2019 X2 R-spec SE, Black, Full cab, heater, wiper, tracks, Warn 4500 wireless winch,synthetic. Sendona wheels, 5/2, Sedona rip saws 27x11xR14 , Moose plow, Furion RV back-up camera, Garmin GPS. All Glass.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    536 times
    Quote Originally Posted by blast View Post
    I like the ripsaws, on my 3rd set. My 27's just barely kiss the front shock reservoir on fast and very bumpy trails The lowest I go is about 12psi because of all the rocks, without tracks I add air for additional GC for mud and snow. Too low of air pressure will increase you odds for pinch flats. I hope your 28s continue to work for you. Fully loaded we are talking about 2000 # on some models.
    I am looking at ripsaws for next set....I trust that all three sets not on same UTV or you already put a ton of mileage on the X2 this year lol. What kind of mileage you getting? or did you trade in or sell before they were done?
    2016 Wolverine R-spec EPS- Camo, , JBS CVT grind, 16 gr OD, Purple, slugs, JBS mudguards, Autometer Temp Gauge, Weller Reflash, SATV A-arms & DIY stick guards, Flip wshield, Auto tie rod ends, Dual batts/manual switch, ALS defeat, Method 14" B-locks, 27" 9 & 11Maxxis Vipr,4000 Moto Max winch, Yama trunk, 20" single row roof light bar, Rigid D pods on bumper, 3"rear cage lower, harness bar and 4 pt harnesses, JBS/Eibach springs, SPAL fan, ACM doors, Lexan moonroof, Pyle rear cam

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Roosted
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    84 times
    I had a set on my Rhino, sold it shorty after. I have 4,500 on my Wildcat wearing very well. The last set are on my X2. Not much road use. Also put the balance beads in and they seem to improve the ride. I feel the traction in mud approaches that of a Mudlite without the roughness. The braking seemed to improved! ??. They are ok on rocks as long your not rock climbing on wet rocks. Overall handling is great. The last two years I been building a camp, not much riding.
    2019 X2 R-spec SE, Black, Full cab, heater, wiper, tracks, Warn 4500 wireless winch,synthetic. Sendona wheels, 5/2, Sedona rip saws 27x11xR14 , Moose plow, Furion RV back-up camera, Garmin GPS. All Glass.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Did you have to change your clutch weights? How did the tire size effect the ride/acceleration?
    2018 BASE WOLVERINE X4
    OEM Roof
    OEM Overfenders
    3500lb Super ATV Black Ops Winch

Redaroo

Slow Poke
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    No changes to the clutching. I have not noticed a reason to change clutching yet.. Long ride tomorrow will tell me for sure!

Slow Poke
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Observations on the first long run with new Ripsaws. We were at 8000 ft plus, on steep uphill rocky sections, the Wolvy needs to be in low gear. I upped the air pressure to 10 PSI before the run. 70 miles, rocky, sandy woops and the tires were great. I think I will leave them at 10 PSI, at 30 mph hitting sharp rocks are an easy way to get pinch flats. Thankfully none happened!

Roosted
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    84 times
    I bought the extended warranty and the dealer stated anything larger than a 27 on a 14 rim MAY affect the warranty overall.

Slow Poke
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    I have the stock tires and wheels so if I have warranty work, I will put the stockers back on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links