Tusk Terrabites Review
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

Tusk Terrabites Review

This is a discussion on Tusk Terrabites Review within the Wheels & Tires forums, part of the General Discussions category; Went trail riding this weekend, started to rain in the morning till about 10:00 got on trail about 11:00. trails muddy for the first part ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Kapper
  • 2 Post By shortbus453
  • 1 Post By MNDirtRider
  • 1 Post By Budro2

Thread: Tusk Terrabites Review

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    74 times

Tusk Terrabites Review

Went trail riding this weekend, started to rain in the morning till about 10:00 got on trail about 11:00. trails muddy for the first part of the day, normal mud accumulation packing on the tires. As the day went on and got a little drier, I noticed everybody's tires were clean in tread and mine still packed in treads.
    We started to try some steeper hills and also noticed a lot of spinning up the steeper ones. I have never had a less aggressive tire like these. Very hard to clean out when riding. I know, your gonna say " got to give it more Hell". Still a nice tire for hard packed DRY and rocky, good road tire, and quiet. Just thought I'd give my two cents on them. But I will probably go back to Blackwaters EVO's again.
    Budro2 and MORSNO like this.

Super Moderator MassiveOverkill's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1301 times
    I noticed below 15 lbs the tread blocks grab and throw rocks. Above that pressure, my treads self-clean better as the tread blocks open up.
    2018 Blue Wolverine X4
    First Wolverine X4 to break the 60 MPH barrier
    Over 6000 miles and 425 hours
    Hunterworks prototype sheave with easy cleanout port, 22 gram HV weights
    Weller Racing ECU flash
    HMF Titan Series Quiet slip-on Exhaust
    Walker Evans shocks
    Swiss-cheesed airbox lid
    NGK Laser Iridium spark plugs
    Tinkseal additives
    STI HD beadlocks wearing Tusk Terrabite 27x9x12 tires
    OEM windshield, soft cab, and roof
    OEM skid plates
    OEM rock sliders
    OEM A-arm guards
    OEM cargo box
    Check out the Yamaha X2/X4 FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WolverineX2X4/

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    362 times
    Thanks for the review! They perform awesome on slick rock like Moab and I was considering them for my next tire. I see some mud year round even though I mostly ride dry rocks summer and fall. Think I may stick with my cst clinchers, they wear and ride well in rock and are a soft rubber compound that grab slick rock quite well. A bit more open tread design that cleans out well in mud as well. I’ll save the evos just for winter!
    2016 R SPEC SE
    EMP front and rear bumpers
    Viper Elite 4000 winch
    Super ATV flip up windshield
    Sway bar delete
    Tusk visor
    Fabricated quick detach headache rack w/ optional storage rack
    Hunterworks sheeve, 16gr weights, green spring, slippery washers,modified CVT cover, 1mm shim, slug kit, exhaust tip w/ stock baffle mod, pcv, ais block off plate
    28x10x14 CST Clinchers, 14x7 STI HD3 black gloss wheels, 1” rear spacers
    Trucker mud flap mod
    2" Gorilla lift
    Seizmik strike mirrors

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Mechanic
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    There are lots of different types of mud out there and as many different types of tires. I have been shocked at how well my Terrabites have done in the lighter mud, but I tend to ride more sand, hard pack, and rocks. My Blackwater EVOs that I previously had did exceptionally well in wet sand, and "field mud", but they didn't do as well for ME in the other conditions that I normally encounter.

Maybe if you were doing more low speed stuff, I could see the Terrabite packing up and staying packed vs cleaning out, but I am a spirited driver. I will try to keep an eye on mine to see if my speeds have something to do with how I feel they perform for me. Thanks for your input.
    Budro2 and wolvymanx4 like this.
    2018 Yamaha Wolverine X4 SE (Matte Silver)
    -JBS Sheave and Springs, Weller ECM Flash, 14" ITP Hurricane Wheels/28"Terrabites, Lots of OEM Accessories...

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    355 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Budro2 View Post
    Thanks for the review! They perform awesome on slick rock like Moab and I was considering them for my next tire. I see some mud year round even though I mostly ride dry rocks summer and fall. Think I may stick with my cst clinchers, they wear and ride well in rock and are a soft rubber compound that grab slick rock quite well. A bit more open tread design that cleans out well in mud as well. I’ll save the evos just for winter!
    I have CST Clinchers on my Wolvy too. I had a hard time finding much for reviews on them before I purchased. I have been very pleased with them so far too and it sounds like our riding conditions are similar. From the few reviews I could find, folks say the Clinchers do really well in the snow too.
    Budro2 likes this.
    2016 R-Spec EPS
    Superwinch Terra 4500 Synthetic
    KFI Winch Plate
    STI HD3 wheels with 27" CST Clinchers
    Super ATV Flip Windshield
    YXZ Steering Wheel
    Yamaha Rear Window
    Yamaha Accessory Mount Bar
    Sirius Pro 20" light bar
    Auxbeam a-pillar & rear work lights
    Blue Sea Fuse Block
    Rad guards
    Perfex Lift

2012 Grizzly 700 EPS

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    362 times
    I wasn’t disappointed with them in snow at all. Mine are 2/3 worn out and wanted a better tire for winter so I tried the evos. I’ll say that the evos hook up better in mud and snow but ride much stiffer in rocks. Wearing fast in rocks and don’t flex into the rocks and hook up like clinchers. I’d say there probably one of the best all around tires for wet condition riders but not good all around for us drier rockier riders.
    MNDirtRider likes this.
    2016 R SPEC SE
    EMP front and rear bumpers
    Viper Elite 4000 winch
    Super ATV flip up windshield
    Sway bar delete
    Tusk visor
    Fabricated quick detach headache rack w/ optional storage rack
    Hunterworks sheeve, 16gr weights, green spring, slippery washers,modified CVT cover, 1mm shim, slug kit, exhaust tip w/ stock baffle mod, pcv, ais block off plate
    28x10x14 CST Clinchers, 14x7 STI HD3 black gloss wheels, 1” rear spacers
    Trucker mud flap mod
    2" Gorilla lift
    Seizmik strike mirrors

Sponsored Links