Yamaha Polycarbonate Windscreen for Gen 1 and X2
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

This is a discussion on Yamaha Polycarbonate Windscreen for Gen 1 and X2 within the Gear & Accessories forums, part of the General Discussions category; I am currently running the Yamaha folding windshield on my Gen 1. Because of where the fold is located it makes the viewing area smaller ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Wooly

Thread: Yamaha Polycarbonate Windscreen for Gen 1 and X2

Veteran
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    304 times

I am currently running the Yamaha folding windshield on my Gen 1. Because of where the fold is located it makes the viewing area smaller and that reduces vibration and flex. What I don't like is the fold interfering with my line of sight and restricting the range of motion of my wiper. On the X2 I went with the one piece. Nice big field of view but flexes when you hit bumps. Allows full range of motion of wiper. It cracked at the hole that I drilled to install the wiper through. Not a negative review, comment or condemnation of the quality of the part, just something to be aware of. I drilled holes at the end of the cracks to stop them from spreading. Will be looking for some gorilla glue formula to squirt into those cracks to see how long the screen will last.

Name:  IMG_0975a.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  459.8 KB
    2019 Camo R-Spec EPS
    ITP Steel Rims
    Evolution Tires
    3 1/2 " Highlifter Lift
    Warn 3500 Provantage Winch with wireless remote
    Yamaha Hard Coated Windscreen
    Yamaha Rear Curtain

2016 Camo R-Spec EPS
    Stock Steel Rims
    Mudlite II
    2" Perfex Lift
    Warn #3500 Pro Vantage Winch with wireless remote
    Yamaha Folding Windshield
    Yamaha Rear Curtain
    Hunterworks H.O. Fan

Paper Boy
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    FWIW

Picking up my new X4 today with dealer installed Yamaha split/folding windshield. I folded it open while waiting on the salesperson but couldn't get it closed again, it would not clear the lip of the roof to go under it and seal. Had a couple techs look at it (the guy that installed was busy) and they kept the ride for investigation. A couple hours later they call to say it worked fine once back in the shop and out of the direct sun on a 95* day.. seems the roof expands. So I said it would be ok but they insist on trying to make it right (hopefully they won't do something to diminish the top seal. I'm thinking he'll probably slot the roof brackets or something to pull the roof rearward.. eek.
    Way I figure it, I won't be putting it back up on a HOT day and probably only when raining so not a big deal, albeit a bit of a shocker at first.
    Tracen8r likes this.
    New to SxS. '19 Wolverine X4. 2007 Grizzly 450, 2009 Grizzly 550SE EPS

Sponsored Links