Adventure pro questions
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

Adventure pro questions

This is a discussion on Adventure pro questions within the Gear & Accessories forums, part of the General Discussions category; I'm very interested in adding the adventure pro to my rig. I would really appreciate any input on how happy are users with the pre ...

Thread: Adventure pro questions

Paper Boy
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times

Adventure pro questions

I'm very interested in adding the adventure pro to my rig. I would really appreciate any input on how happy are users with the pre loaded trail mapping. What could I exspect for details? Most of my riding is done at windrock park here in Tennessee as well as other local areas. Does the trail mapping overlay show actual trail numbers and define level of difficulty for trails that are on the purchased paper maps such as the ones sold in the store? Unfortunately some people think it's cool to take trail markers and numbered signs home for souvenirs and a trophy of their vallient conquest. The park does try to keep up but it's a pain in the rear to try to read map with some 300 miles of trails and trust me if you haven't been there unless you have a seriously wicked tricked out rock buggy you want no part of some of the trails you could find yourself on. I'll do some scetchy riding but there are some (OH HELL NO!) trails to avoid. Thanks for any info I could get. I know there are several other gps units available but I really like the other features of the adventure pro.
    2019 x2 se tatical black
    Super atv flip windshield Yamaha soft rear window bazooka g2 sound bar dragonfire 5 point harnesses dash gang switches custom aux fuse relay panel front led pods and bar gas pedal extension 3500 lb winch Yamaha adventure pro

Gear Grinder
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    81 times
    not familiar with that area, but I have used the TRX7 version in my YXZ & I know if you buy the annual service (if remember right like $30) you can down load before leaving home a 3d google earth map version that will show real pictures of the area / trails including elevation changes. Go to Megelan website and look at what they show there. I have the adventure pro in my X2 but have not used it yet except for the gauge stuff. It appears to be a better version of the TRX7. I know the computer part is way less Clunky than the TRX7

Biggest issue I have with the Pro is that being mounted to the handle stops the driver from reaching over & using the handle in off camber situations like I do in my YXZ. Still working on a solid grab handle to cover that

Hog Chaser
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    I liked the ability to check engine functions and the large screen. Magellan based gps is the weak spot, maybe 100K topo can be loaded. More features, more details, lower scale. The screen is somewhat in the way also.
    2019 X2 R-spec SE, Black, Full cab, heater, wiper, tracks, 4500 wireless winch,synthetic

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Gear Grinder
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    81 times
    they offer a bunch of trails, plus for fee, can get google view of your trail

TRX Trailhead

Paper Boy
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Thanks to everyone for your recommendations. I'll be researching all of them. I'll follow up on which direction I go and hope To assist someone with similar questions if I'm able too once I get up and running
    2019 x2 se tatical black
    Super atv flip windshield Yamaha soft rear window bazooka g2 sound bar dragonfire 5 point harnesses dash gang switches custom aux fuse relay panel front led pods and bar gas pedal extension 3500 lb winch Yamaha adventure pro

Paper Boy
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Update.. I purchased the adventure pro and have it installed. I'll be riding this weekend at my local area of windrock Atv park. They have an annual jamboree this weekend. There always are rep trailers from several manufacturers giving demo rides and showing off their stuff. I hope to pull one of their reps off the side and get some tips and tricks. I've messed with it some at home but will get real world experience over the weekend. So far I think it's pretty awesome. It's got a lot of features to learn for sure.
    2019 x2 se tatical black

Slow Poke
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Sorry I didn't see your post earlier...

I have the Adventure Pro, and it was actually one of the things that finally was able to push me over the edge on purchasing my 2018 X4. So far, I have had a good experience with it. Once you get the hang of the Yamaha Adventure Pro website, you will be able to see how they have the trails uploaded. I actually have used their website to map out routes that I wanted to take and sync'ed them to the Adventure Pro. Then when I am done with the ride, I am able to sync it back to the website for future reference or to upload allowing other users to have my data. If more people get to using it, and taking the time to upload their maps, it will become better.

As said earlier in the post, it is basically the same at the TRX7, but has some specific Yamaha software on it. The features of the vehicle display is what brought me over to it, but as I continue to use it I am getting the hang of the GPS side of things. There are a LOT of features and not all of them either apply or are straight forward with what their purpose is. I think that it is going to take some time for the guru's to get their hands on them and show the rest of us how to fully use it.
    2018 Yamaha Wolverine X4 SE (Matte Silver)
    -JBS Sheave and Springs, Weller ECM Flash, 14" ITP Hurricane Wheels/28"Terrabites, Lots of OEM Accessories...

Paper Boy
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Got a chance to run the unit for a full day riding around 30 miles and have started to get the hang of the navigation and trail mapping. I've got a lot of riding to do to start logging trails and doing my part for the next guy publishing trails. For the amount of trail locations and as popular as riding is around me I'm surprised of the lack of published tracks by others. Looks like It's up to me to get it going. Like short bus said I need some gurus to assist to me. I'm vastly outnumbered in my part of the country by other brands of sxs. I pass them all the time in the mountains when they are changing belts. One huge issue I'm having is loading any apps in the android side of tablet. I can't get any to load. I can't get google play store to download. It keeps saying you don't have any devices in error message on apps?? Can someone tell this 49 3/4 year old man what's the deal. I don't have any 12 year olds to ask. I'm sure some of you are in the same boat. I grew up with a wrench in my hand not a smart phone. Thanks for any suggestions.
    2019 x2 se tatical black

Sponsored Links