Winch 3,500 lb. Great Price until 3/31/19 - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

Winch 3,500 lb. Great Price until 3/31/19

This is a discussion on Winch 3,500 lb. Great Price until 3/31/19 within the Gear & Accessories forums, part of the General Discussions category; Originally Posted by Tripplec Ahhh, maybe you want to stick to trails where wheels actually roll over. Sound like a boat pond from all that. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Winch 3,500 lb. Great Price until 3/31/19

Sunday Driver
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    44 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripplec View Post
    Ahhh, maybe you want to stick to trails where wheels actually roll over. Sound like a boat pond from all that. Broken axles and all I expect you exceeded the design spec a bit.

Good to hear you got out along with the others.
    LOL, well I had the winch installed for about 9 months and this is the first time I had to use it. The BRF trails were actually quite dry and dusty. Out of the 350 miles we rode there last week there was only one really wet spot. We made it through ok the day before, but it must have gotten softened up with all the weekend traffic. It was the whole width of the trail, not a lot of options but to try to cross. The waterhole, on the other hand was purely a bad/stupid choice on my part...

But it is good to know the winch works now.
    2017 Yamaha WOLVERINE R-SPEC EPS SE
    (w/all the S.E. fixin's)

27x9x12/27x11x12 Bearclaw HTRs on OEM Beadlock wheels
    2" Perfex Lift
    Hunterworks PC-V, AIS delete, greaseless sheave - 16g/purple secondary, & slugged wet clutch
    Kolpin Full Tilt Windshield
    Yamaha Soft Rear Window & Cargo Bed Box
    Open Trail 31.5" LED Light Bar on roof
    2 - Auxbeam 3" pods on rear roof
    Concours dash panel
    Pro Armor harnesses
    Badland 3500 Winch on KFI mount

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    107 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FiremanDan View Post
    Well, the Badland winch is a virgin no more! She got a good workout last week, and I wanted to post the results.

First, I got high-centered in an unavoidable patch of "quick sand" in the Black River Falls trails. Extended the winch and got tugged free (the spool brake held tight). Then I turned around and winched out the next two side-by-sides. The first made the winch struggle a bit, but the second one almost stalled it. We had to strap another unit behind me to keep me from sliding forward, but with a little patience we got both out even though one had a flat tire and the other a broken axle. The third and final one was still running, so we just used the winch cable as a tow strap and I backed up to help him out.

If that wasn't enough, the next day I sank my Wolvie in a waterhole and had to winch myself out hooking onto another SxS. I was in just about up to the headlights but the winch performed fine even fully submerged.

All in all, I am impressed with the performance of the bargain winch.

-Dan
    How were the trails in Black River? A group of us is heading up there right after Labor Day for a few days.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Super Charged
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    327 times
    LOL, well I had the winch installed for about 9 months and this is the first time I had to use it. The BRF trails were actually quite dry and dusty. Out of the 350 miles we rode there last week there was only one really wet spot. We made it through ok the day before, but it must have gotten softened up with all the weekend traffic. It was the whole width of the trail, not a lot of options but to try to cross. The waterhole, on the other hand was purely a bad/stupid choice on my part...

But it is good to know the winch works now.
    I have been know to turn around quite a few time when presented with deep wet situation that exceed my comfort level. Water approaching the floor board or long flooded area stretch which has me doing a 3 point and heading back. I am out for a ride, not for a winching adventure nor going thigh deep in waterever if stuck.

I have no resistance to admitting this. I end up with an uneventful ride as my son and I put it. We did what we wanted and got back home without a mishap which is key. Nothing broke including ourselves. We adopted that when snowmobiling and carry that mindset atving.

Good that you're chuckling about it though. LOL
    2017 Wolverine RSPec SE
    Belleville, Ont. Canada

BearClaw HTR 27 inch tires
    Half windshield
    Roof
    Aluminum Under armor
    Yamaha Warn 3500lb Winch & Synthetic rope
    LED Headlights, Yellow Light Bar

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Sunday Driver
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    44 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithStone76 View Post
    How were the trails in Black River? A group of us is heading up there right after Labor Day for a few days.

The Black River Falls trails are quite a bit different than the tight, winding, rocky dirt trails here in SE MN. They are wider and more open, with a lot of sand and crushed rock surface along with dirt. The sand is not deep and is actually the least dusty surface to ride on. The trails appear to be groomed regularly, however there were some pretty long stretches of washboard in some sections. To get between the northern trails and the south section you need to go through Hatfield. It's a few miles of pavement, but well marked. In fact, all the trails are well marked as well as most of the intersections. This was our first trip there, but the area in general seems very ATV friendly.

What area are you staying in?

-Dan
    2017 Yamaha WOLVERINE R-SPEC EPS SE
    (w/all the S.E. fixin's)

27x9x12/27x11x12 Bearclaw HTRs on OEM Beadlock wheels
    2" Perfex Lift
    Hunterworks PC-V, AIS delete, greaseless sheave - 16g/purple secondary, & slugged wet clutch
    Kolpin Full Tilt Windshield
    Yamaha Soft Rear Window & Cargo Bed Box
    Open Trail 31.5" LED Light Bar on roof
    2 - Auxbeam 3" pods on rear roof
    Concours dash panel
    Pro Armor harnesses
    Badland 3500 Winch on KFI mount

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    107 times
    The Black River Falls trails are quite a bit different than the tight, winding, rocky dirt trails here in SE MN. They are wider and more open, with a lot of sand and crushed rock surface along with dirt. The sand is not deep and is actually the least dusty surface to ride on. The trails appear to be groomed regularly, however there were some pretty long stretches of washboard in some sections. To get between the northern trails and the south section you need to go through Hatfield. It's a few miles of pavement, but well marked. In fact, all the trails are well marked as well as most of the intersections. This was our first trip there, but the area in general seems very ATV friendly.

What area are you staying in?

-Dan
    We are staying in Hatfield near the lake. Thunderbird Lodge area. This group has been there before and I think it's going to be pretty dusty. I checked the forecast and no rain in sight. Temps will be good though. 70 during day and 50 at night. I know what you mean about the washboards. They can be brutal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links