Super ATV flip up windshield
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

This is a discussion on Super ATV flip up windshield within the Gear & Accessories forums, part of the General Discussions category; Installed my new windshield on my rspec over the weekend, and am very impressed with the quality of this product. Easy install and I am ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Super ATV flip up windshield

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    55 times

Installed my new windshield on my rspec over the weekend, and am very impressed with the quality of this product. Easy install and I am sure we will get a lot of enjoyment riding in the cold weather now.
    SuperATV likes this.
    2017 Rspec, alpine white, warne 3500lb winch, super ATV flip windshield, Yamaha soft reapir window, spare tire on accessories bar.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    355 times
    Awesome! Thanks man!

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Just installed the Super ATV windshield on my 2019 X2 rspec. It's an easy install but I did have a problem getting enough clearance between the X2's OEM hard top and the folding windshield. I had to compress the lower windshield's seal as much as possible to adjust it far enough down so that the upper windshield didn't catch the roof top when folding. If your going to add accessories it's best to get them done before you install this windshield because the lower section will need to come off in order to remove the cowl for access to the wire harness behind the dash.
    Last edited by grizztracks; 12-30-2018 at 09:55 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    460 times
    Quote Originally Posted by grizztracks View Post
    Just installed the Super ATV windshield on my 2019 X2 rspec. It's an easy install but I did have a problem getting enough clearance between the X2's OEM hard top and the folding windshield. I had to compress the lower windshield's seal as much as possible to adjust it far enough down so that the upper windshield didn't catch the roof top when folding. If your going to add accessories it's best to get them done before you install this windshield because the lower section will need to come off in order to remove the cowl for access to the wire harness behind the dash.
    You're not the only one with this problem. A few of us received X2s where the dealer installed the roof incorrectly and it sags down in the middle. The line of the front edge of your roof should go straight across with now sags or dips. If it doesn't, you should adjust it some. Can you post a pic of it here and maybe we'll be able to give you suggestions as to which parts need to adjusted?
    Wolverine X2 R-Spec SE
    Alba Racing ECU, 27" Big Horn 2s, SuperATV Flip Windshield, Yamaha Soft Cab, Yamaha Cargo Box, Kolpin 3500# winch w/ synthetic rope, KFI winch mount, UPI Inferno Heater, JBL PRV-175 stereo, Polk 6.5 speakers, Garmin Drive 60 with VV Mapping. Lots of other little things.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    I made some adjustments to the roof and it no longer sags in the center. The corners are now closer to interfering but I was able to drop the windshield low enough to clear the top lip. The Super Atv windshield is a nice product and I think I made the right decision going with it. I don't know what they could have done differently to provide better clearance without increasing that gap. I'd rather have the gap as small as possible to keep water out. A little better support in the Yamaha rooftop would have bee nice.

Being that I've worked in diesel/automotive repairs and fabrication for 30+ years this wasn't a big deal but I could see it being frustrating for others with less experience.
    Name:  IMG_6283.JPG
Views: 458
Size:  87.5 KB
    Last edited by grizztracks; 12-30-2018 at 09:59 PM.
    Piston Yamaha likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    384 times
    Yep, adjust it up straight, and a little pool noodle or pipe insulation slid onto the top if the window works great on mine for sealing out cold wind. On the og wolvy the roof actually curls down to make it even easier to seal it actually as the windshield tucks in behind the roof curl at the front.
    Piston Yamaha likes this.
    2017 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Alpine white

Super ATV full flip windshield~Yamaha soft doors & Rear window~KFI 3000# winch & mount~Overhead gun rack~Tablet GPS
    Apeman video cam~Rear bench seat and integrated storage box~Monster Nomad blue tooth speaker~Perfex 2" lift
    Yamaha padding kit~Accessory bar~Overfenders~Sedona Ripsaw R/T 28x10R14 tires on Storm beadlock wheels ~Chupacabra side mirrors~AIS block off~X4 SE red, black, grey seats~X4 SE steering wheel~Traveller LED's

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    460 times
    Yep, that's what you needed to do. I saw a guy put some automotive weatherstripping on the roof, which seals out the elements and allows the windshield to fold up.

He used this, but I want something a little taller. This link should get you started though. Pipe insulation works too, but it keeps blowing off when I'm trailering it down the road. If I could remember to remove it, it would be a good solution.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/152745468395?ul_noapp=true
    grizztracks likes this.
    Wolverine X2 R-Spec SE
    Alba Racing ECU, 27" Big Horn 2s, SuperATV Flip Windshield, Yamaha Soft Cab, Yamaha Cargo Box, Kolpin 3500# winch w/ synthetic rope, KFI winch mount, UPI Inferno Heater, JBL PRV-175 stereo, Polk 6.5 speakers, Garmin Drive 60 with VV Mapping. Lots of other little things.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Can you show more pics at different angles and afar to see the whole finished product. I’m looking for one too. Thanks Ken

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Is this roof sagging in center too much

Name:  3E192091-8674-4DD4-8F37-C17498F61AC9.jpeg
Views: 374
Size:  3.95 MB

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times