Super ATV flip up windshield - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

Super ATV flip up windshield

This is a discussion on Super ATV flip up windshield within the Gear & Accessories forums, part of the General Discussions category; How fast can you go with the Super ATV windshield in the 'up' position? Will anything over 10-15MPH create too much of an 'updraft' on ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Super ATV flip up windshield

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    44 times
    How fast can you go with the Super ATV windshield in the 'up' position? Will anything over 10-15MPH create too much of an 'updraft' on it?
    2016 Blue Wolverine R-Spec EPS
    Cree 3x3 LED Cube Lights
    Seizmik Pursuit Mirrors
    Perfex 2" Lift Kit
    KFI Winch Plate & KFI Wide Fairlead Pulley
    Terra 4500 lb Superwinch
    Hunterworks Exhaust Tip
    YXZ Steering Wheel and YXZ Driver's Seat
    Dragonfire 5 Point Harness
    Tusk Hand Holds
    Rampage LED Trail Light
    EMP CV/A-Arm Guards
    Denali Pro Series Snow Plow

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    311 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mtgeorge View Post
    How fast can you go with the Super ATV windshield in the 'up' position? Will anything over 10-15MPH create too much of an 'updraft' on it?
    You can go as fast as that Wolvie can go! I'd recommend shutting it while trailering at highways speeds, but on the trail you can hammer down!
    mtgeorge likes this.

Pit Stop
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Has anyone thought of a way to minimize that gap at the top? like a piece of thin rubber or something attached to the roof, that would sit against the top of the windshield?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Pit Stop
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    I have installed the windshield and found that in rain, you still get water drops coming thru, not much, but still hits your face when you are cruising, so its kind of annoying.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    108 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Godti View Post
    Has anyone thought of a way to minimize that gap at the top? like a piece of thin rubber or something attached to the roof, that would sit against the top of the windshield?
    I use some black pipe insulation.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Pavement Princess Dangerdad1101's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Godti View Post
    I’ve got the Yamaha full windshield and it’s got a gasket that slides on to the top of the windshield and presses against the roof with a bulb seal. Something like that might work pretty well.
    2018 Wolverine X4 SE Matte Silver, Yamaha brush guards front and rear, full windshield and roof. Viper Max 4000lb winch. More to come.

Mechanic
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    I am struggling to get the flip up installed correctly.
    All of my hardware is loose and forcing it down to get the lower and upper joint right seems impossible.
    It is to the point where I am getting pissed... This should not be that difficult.

I had to do a warranty replacement with Yamaha to get a roof that was not warped so I could buy the flip up.

Is there an obvious trick that I am missing?

I spoke to two different guys at superatv.

They were nice and helpful, but that didn't help me fix my issue.

The second guy recommended closing the latch while everything is loose and lining it all up.
    This would work, but I still feel like I am going to break something.

Any advice?
    I am at the end of my rope with this.
    Last edited by astainback; 08-07-2019 at 04:57 PM.
    2019 Yamaha Wolverine X2 RSpec BLUE SE - 14" MSA Wheels; Maxxis Carnivores; OEM Cargo Box; Seizmik Pursuit mirrors

2008 Yamaha Grizzly RED - Too many changes to list!!

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    I installed the rubber seal on the bottom portion of the windshield 1st, then pushed it down until a good seal to the hood. Square it up from side to side and then tighten the clamps. Do the same for the top portion, then lock the center, and then tighten the clamps. Leave the film on until you get it on, so it won't get scratched. Take your time you'll get it, and love it once it's on.
    2017 Rspec, alpine white, warne 3500lb winch, super ATV flip windshield, Yamaha soft reapir window, spare tire on accessories bar.

Veteran
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    296 times
    I used pipe foam tubing from Lowe’s on the top edge and secured it with 4 wire ties along the length. Each tie needed a hole drilled at the edge of the foam. This stays put and seals well. Don’t tighten the wire ties enough to crimp the foam. Some of the foam insulation has a sticky edge but still needs the wire ties for keeping in place.
    The mountains are calling and I must go. 2016 RSpec Spec Ed
    Gorilla winch, Seizmic mirrors, EMP rear shield, Rugged Radio with intercom, 20" light bar, horn plays Dixie, 2"Perfex lift, Kenda Bearclaws ,Trail Tech temp gauge, Yama rear box and bumper, Throttle Max, tow rope to pull Polaris and Canams. TGM doors and door bags, Power Commander V. TCP "Mudder"radiator,Hunterworks high output fan, Superatv split windshield, extra wide homemade flex fenders.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    581 times
    Quote Originally Posted by astainback View Post
    I am struggling to get the flip up installed correctly.
    All of my hardware is loose and forcing it down to get the lower and upper joint right seems impossible.
    It is to the point where I am getting pissed... This should not be that difficult.

I had to do a warranty replacement with Yamaha to get a roof that was not warped so I could buy the flip up.

Is there an obvious trick that I am missing?

I spoke to two different guys at superatv.

They were nice and helpful, but that didn't help me fix my issue.

The second guy recommended closing the latch while everything is loose and lining it all up.
    This would work, but I still feel like I am going to break something.

Any advice?
    I am at the end of my rope with this.
    I have been able to reshape the edge of my roof with a heat gun and some spreader clamps. Need to let it cool with spreader clamps in place and then check it. Be patient the plastic will have some memory and you can learn the right amount of heat versus permanent movement. I also use a water mister to cool it down but have found natural cooling off is better to keep its shape. You do need some patience. Heat the plastic on bottom side sweeping along a line or the area you want to reshape until it is too hot to the touch on the opposite side and then push it to were you want it and let it cool or hold in place with a glove on and mist it cool with water or a soaked towel.
    2016 Wolverine R-spec EPS- Camo, , JBS CVT grind, 16 gr OD, Purple, slugs, JBS mudguards, Autometer Temp Gauge, Alba Racing Reflash, SATV A-arms & DIY stick guards, Flip wshield, Auto tie rod ends, Dual batts/manual switch, ALS defeat, Method 14" B-locks, 27" 9 & 11Maxxis Vipr,4000 Moto Max winch, Yama trunk, 20" single row roof light bar, Rigid D pods on bumper, 3"rear cage lower, harness bar and 4 pt harnesses, JBS/Eibach springs, SPAL fan, ACM doors, Lexan moonroof, Pyle rear cam

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links